Her voice - Emma x reader

I have like the biggest crush on Emma, so I decided to make this chapter for her. Enjoy!

AU: After the ridonculous race, in a small town

Your age in this story: 19, Emma: 21

~

Being a singer was a dream you've had, since you were a child. After school, you performed at the butterfly cafe, in hopes of being discovered by a record label. You wrote your own songs and gave out CD's to people who wanted to hear more from you.

One day, two girls named Emma and Kitty were taking a walk around town. It started to rain, so they entered the small cafe to rest.

"We should've brought umbrellas." Emma complained, glaring at her sister.

"At least we got the chance to discover this place." Kitty said, ignoring her sister's attitude. "I mean, this cafe is beautiful!"

The girls looked around to see the butterfly theme and the flowers decorating every table. There were petals on the floor each leading guests to their tables. The scenery reminded Emma and Kitty of pixie hollow.

"Who's that singing?" Kitty asked, looking towards you.

It was the middle of your performance. You were singing a song called better man.

"I don't know, but she's really good." Emma replied. She admired your beauty and most of all, your voice.

"Sometimes, in the middle of the night, I can feel you again

But I just miss you, and I just wish you were a better man

And I know why we had to say goodbye

Like the back of my hand

And I just miss you, and I just wish you were a better man"

You sang, and looked towards Emma. She smiled and waved at you, causing you to smile in the middle of the lyrics.

"Hey, it stopped raining." Kitty told Emma, looking out the window and getting up from her seat.

"Wait." Emma said, pulling Kitty's arm to sit down. "I want to stay and hear this singer play."

Kitty smirked. "Oh really?"

"I just like her voice!" Emma claimed, glaring at Kitty.

Kitty nodded, already thinking of a plan to get her sister to talk to you.

~

"Kitty, what if she thinks I'm a freak for wanting to talk to her?" Emma whispered, as Kitty forces her in line to get your CD's.

"She won't, just trust me!" Kitty assured, shoving Emma towards the line and walking back to her seat.

Emma looked at you nervously, while you set your CD's down on the table. There was a line of people waiting to buy one and get your autograph. She wasn't surprised at how many people wanted to buy your music.

"You have an amazing voice." A little girl smiled at you. "I think you're my favorite singer now."

"Thank you, sweetie." You smiled at her. "Here, why don't you just keep this? A present from me." You signed her CD and she thanked you, waving you goodbye.

"You have an amazing voice and a kind heart." You heard Emma say, and you looked up.

You instantly recognized her from the crowd. She was beautiful. You wanted to tell her that, but instead you gave her a shy smile, and thanked her for the compliment.

"I'm (Y/N) by the way." You introduced yourself, smiling.

"I'm Emma. I know we just met and all," Emma began, fumbling with her words, "But do you want to- maybe hang out sometime?"

You smiled gratefully, "I'd love to."

Emma bought your CD and you signed it, along with giving her your number.

~

Four months after you and Emma met, she asked you to be her girlfriend and of course, you agreed.

Every weekend, you two go on dates and you visit her at law school. Your personalities clash at times, because she is more snarky and you are soft, but you make it work.

In the middle of the night, you smiled to yourself as you remembered the day you met the dark haired beauty at the butterfly cafe.