My treasure - Manitoba x reader

Requested by: fanficLOv3er

Setting: The woods

When you told Manitoba you wanted to go on a hiking adventure together, he was more than eager to plan your first outing. He had always had a thirst for adventure, wearing his signature fedora and hiking boots. He was always up for a new challenge, and was always up for something new with you.

You met Manitoba during a field trip for biology class when your class went for a hike. However, you got lost and were unable to find your classmates. Luckily, Manitoba happened to be nearby and he guided you back to your classmates successfully. Since then, you have developed a bond and then eventually gotten into a relationship together for two years going strong.

You listened intently with a warm smile, as Manitoba guided you through the woods, telling stories about his times of surviving in the forests with little to no food and his adventures back when he first got into exploring. He was just a child when he first learned to explore and express his creativity, and that explains why he is the person he is today with such a passion for life and a thirst for adventure.

You ventured further into the woods, until you came to an area that was blocked off by a fallen tree. Manitoba stopped and looked at you, explaining that this was once an area where he used to go exploring and that he had stories to tell about his adventures back when he was younger. You had always admired his adventures, and were happy that today, you get to be a part of it.

"My dad and I used to hunt for deer here in these woods back when I was a kid." Manitoba explained. "I didn't like the taste, but I learned from that experience about hunting food."

 "Well, it looks like it came in pretty handy." You chuckled, remembering the time Manitoba caught a wild pig for your anniversary. It was unconventional, but really sweet of him. 

You and Manitoba climbed on top of the fallen tree, and then you spotted a lake in the distance. You and Manitoba glanced at each other then broke into smiles. This was exactly what you were looking for. 

"There's the lake!" You exclaimed, pointing to the shimmering blue lake in the distance. Manitoba chuckled, finding your excitement endearing.

 "Well then, let's go!" He said, grabbing your hand and pulling you in the direction of the lake. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" he added, gesturing towards the calm water. "Just like you."

"Stop it." You chuckled, despite yourself feeling your face heat up. 

You and Manitoba ventured towards the lake, then set your bags aside to explore the area further. You were both amazed by the beauty of the natural landscape and the peacefulness of the atmosphere.

"Why don't we go swimming?" Manitoba suggested, taking off his shirt. "It's not everyday we see a lake this beautiful."

"Sounds fun!" You said, taking your boots off. You smiled, as you dipped your feet into the water. 

You both laughed, splashing each other and playing in the water. The sun was out, the day was warm, and you couldn't have asked for a better day to be outside in the lake.

However, as your feet trailed on the cold, damp floor of the lake, you felt a sharp pain pierce through your foot. You winced and let out a startled yelp, "Ouch!"

In a flash, Manitoba's protective instincts kicked in and he swam towards you, carefully scooping you in his arms, swimming back to shore. He mentally thanked himself for still wearing his boots underwater, so that he could help you. 

Your heart pounded as you looked up into his eyes in fear. "M-Manitoba?" You stammered, unsure of what to say. 

"Y/N. Don't worry, I'll take care of you." He replied, inspecting your injury. 

"Be careful!" You choked out, feeling the tears well up in your eyes. "I stepped on something sharp."

Manitoba's heart sank when he saw the gravity of your injury. He reached for his first aid kit in his bag, removed the broken glass from your foot, and began wrapping the gauze around your foot. However, you were so overwhelmed by the pain that you gradually lost consciousness. 

He was panic-stricken, but he refused to give up. He picked you up in his arms, quickly threw on his backpack, then held your bag to his neck, as he sprinted away from the lake, making sure to not jostle you too much.

He knew he had to get you professional medical help as soon as possible. Drawing upon his explorer skills and knowledge of the woods, he assessed his surroundings, searching for any familiar landmarks or signs that could guide him to civilization. 

Manitoba looked down on you in his arms, brushing a strand of hair away from your face then gave you a kiss on the forehead. 

"Everything will be alright, my love. I promise." He whispered, cradling you closer to his chest, as if he could protect you with everything he had. 

The truth is, despite having a lot of experience, he was terrified. He knew you were most likely just overwhelmed, but this was still a serious matter to him. He never wanted to see you hurt, whether the injury was trivial or not. You were perhaps the most valuable and beloved treasure in his life despite all the riches and treasures he found during his many adventures.

He walked for what felt like hours, his heart pounding with worry for your well-being. Finally, he stumbled upon a familiar trail that led him out of the woods. He set you in the back of the car, then drove high above the speed limit to find a signal to dial emergency assistance. 

After he dialed for help, he parked by the side of the road, keeping a close eye on you the whole time. Several agonizing minutes passed, and help finally arrived and you were quickly transported to a nearby medical facility, where you received proper treatment for your injury. 

Manitoba stayed by your side, refusing to leave you alone until you woke up. He held your hand, whispering words of comfort and encouragement, until slowly regained consciousness.

"Baby, please wake up. I won't let this happen to you again. Next time, I'll be sure to protect you." Manitoba pleaded.

The nurses looked at him in sympathy, assuring him that you're fine and that you just fainted in shock, but you were stable. Manitoba sighed, trying to hide his annoyance towards them, but he knew they were just trying to help. 

When you finally woke up, you found Manitoba sitting beside you and his eyes filled with relief. He gently brushed a strand of hair away from her face and assured you that everything would be okay.

"Thank you for taking care of me." You whispered, weakly. "I love you."

"I love you too, Y/N. I won't let anything happen to you again. Next time, I'll make sure you wear the proper footwear and make sure that there are no hazardous objects near you." Manitoba promised. 

"It's not your fault." You told him, gently, pulling him into a hug. "I should have worn careful footwear in the water, especially since it was so unfamiliar. You're my hero, Manitoba." 

Manitoba felt his heart swell with affection, as he kissed your cheek. "And you're my treasure, Y/N. I'll always be here to make you feel safe and loved."

In the days that followed, your injury healed, and your bond only grew stronger. You felt even more secure and loved in his presence. 

You and Manitoba continued to explore new adventures together, this time with better safety precautions while cherishing each moment and the beautiful trust and love you had for each other.