Relax - Duncan x reader

AU: College

Ages: 21

-

"Come on, babe. You need to take a break every once in awhile." Duncan says, watching you sort your notes out.

You and Duncan were supposed to relax and chill at your place, but you got overwhelmed with the time you were supposed to be studying, so you bailed.

"I can't, Duncan! These exams are coming up and I need to pass to focus on my major." You sighed, furrowing your brows in frustration. You accidentally knocked over a pile of notes and quickly tried sorting them together.

"You've been preparing for the last two weeks, and you haven't stopped to take a breather. Y/N, you're going to drive yourself insane."

"I already am." You huffed, trying not to yell at him. He just didn't understand. You cared about your grades, unlike him.

You continued to flip page after page, taking down new notes. Duncan glared at you, shaking his head.

Suddenly, he came up with an idea.

"How about we go someplace exciting?" Duncan suggested.

"After I'm done with my work."

Duncan frowned and walked towards your desk. He lifted you up bridal style and walked out of your room.

"Duncan, put me down!" You complained, but he ignored you.

"This is technically kidnapping." You mumbled. Duncan stopped and glared at you.

"You're going to relax whether you like it or not."

"Fine." You gave in. He continued to carry you and sat you in his car.

-

Your arms were crossed in anger. You let out a huff and leaned against the car window.

"Are you the big bad wolf?" Duncan laughed, glancing at you.

"Ha ha." You said, sarcastically. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

You didn't want to admit it, but you were excited for whatever he planned. It kind of felt good to be out of the house for once.

-

You and Duncan both arrived at a jungle, which included a cave. It reminded you of those caves back in total drama, where you and Duncan met.

"Why are we here?" You asked. "This doesn't look exciting?"

Duncan took your hand and led you inside the cave. After ten minutes of small talk, you spotted a river.

Your mouth dropped in shock. The scenery was beautiful. There were wild flowers growing around the place, the river sparkled within the sunlight, the sand was clean, and you could hear the birds chirping.

"Duncan- this- oh my-." You stammered. "This is beautiful, Duncan."

As you were admiring the place, you heard a loud splash. You whipped around and saw Duncan swimming in the river.

"Duncan!" You laughed, silently admiring his body.

He smirked, "Join me, princess."

"I don't have extra clothes and I'll wet your car." You told him. He shrugged and processed to splash you with water.

"You asshole!" You laughed, backing away.

"Y/N, don't be a square. Come join me!" Duncan grinned, throwing more water at you.

You sighed and gave in. It was hard to say no to this guy.

You both try to see who can hold their breath under water the longest and you came out first. You then ended up in a water splashing contest.

"Duncan, you butt!" You laugh, flinging as much water as you can towards him.

He does a backflip in the water, and pulls you towards him.

"Am I right babe?"

"What do you mean?"

"Am I right that you did need time to relax?" He smirks, and you roll your eyes playfully.

"Yes you are." You chuckle, smiling at him.

You felt a drop on your head, then it started to rain.
You sighed, feeling disappointed. You didn't want to leave so soon.

"I don't want to go back." You admitted.

"Me neither." Duncan said, looking up at the rain falling from the sky. "Can I do this before we leave?"

"Do what?"

His lips crashed against yours, and at that moment, you didn't regret a thing.