Blossoming connection - Noah x reader

Requested by: Jojo_Finstock

AU: High school

-

You watched Noah from your table in the school cafeteria, admiring how he could come up with witty remarks just like that. You chuckled as Noah made a remark towards Owen, who was eating everything, including the banana peel. Then you sighed, wishing you could tell him how you felt.

You've had a crush on Noah since you moved to Toronto three months ago, and you are very observant of him. You noticed that he always had this smirk whenever he made a sarcastic remark about someone. You and Noah barely spoke, but that didn't stop you from admiring him from afar, wishing you could voice your feelings.

As you were walking out of school, you noticed a blanket of wildflowers that would blanket across the ground. You have always felt a connection to flowers, and it's unique colors and symbols. Taking a deep breath, you plucked a flower from the ground, forming an idea of how you could approach and express your feelings to Noah in a unique yet unspoken way.

The next day, you spotted Noah again, engrossed in a book. Your heart skipped a beat. A smirk crept across his face, and you felt your face get even more flushed. You loved Noah's smirk and found it the most adorable aspect of him. You plucked a flower from the ground, then walked up to him.

"You caught me off guard," Noah said, looking up from his book, "but I appreciate the gesture." He chuckled and took the flower from your hands. "For such a bold move, you're acting like a wallflower right now."

"Maybe I'm not as confident as you think I am," You replied, eyes cast downwards. "I'm just...trying to get to know you better."

You picked another flower from the ground, handing it to him again. Noah raised his eyebrows in amusement, and you tried to hold in your laugh. You felt your face heat up, and you blurted out, "Your smirk is very cute."

Slightly taken aback, Noah's eyes widened in surprise. He closed his book, giving his full attention to you.  "Thank you, Y/N. No one really comments on my smirk, but I find your comment endearing."  He paused, giving you a small smile.

"Does that mean we're friends?"  You asked, shyly.

"Yes."  He replied, before returning his attention to his book, with his aloof demeanor showing through as usual. But you did not mind at all; that was what you liked about him.

You smiled, then walked away, deciding to approach him later on.

Mission accomplished.

-

As the days went by and the bond between you and Noah began to grow, it became easier to talk to him and get to know him more. With just a simple flower as a conversation starter, you are able to build a deeper connection. You and Noah would share stories about each other, along with getting into a debate about books. You realized how different you were yet the same, and how much you complimented each other so well.

Every time you noticed Noah smirking, you would playfully pluck a flower from the surrounding foliage and present it to him with a shy smile. Noah always noticed your sweet gesture, and accepted the flower every time, and found your way to express yourself adorable. His friends Izzy, Eva and Owen would tease him as Noah held a flower in his hand, but he did not care, because he was having fun.

Each time you would hand Noah a flower, his smirk would grow wider, and he would continue to make more sarcastic remarks, knowing you found it attractive. He would purposely tease his friends, then glance right back at you, as you would approach him with a daisy, a sunflower or a daffodil. It became an unspoken game between the two of you, as a way of connecting with each other without saying a word.

After four months of getting to know each other, and the little flower game you played with him, Noah decided to invite you to hang out outside of school for the first time for dinner with him and his friends at a restaurant.

Pushing aside your own excitement, you gave Noah a warm smile, trying to keep your cool, and sat next to him.

"Yeah! We finally get to meet the cute flower girl Noah likes so much."  Izzy said, giving Noah a warm smile.

"Not that I don't appreciate the compliment."  Noah blushed a little, looking down at his hands. "But enough."

"Y/N, Noah is so whipped over you. It's hilarious." Owen chuckled, patting Noah's shoulder.

"Awww Noah, you're so cute!" You chuckled, smiling at his shy expression. "Since when are you so shy?"

"Since the day I found you so endearing, he mumbled, avoiding your gaze. You squeezed his hand from under the table, feeling a blush creep onto your cheeks.

After placing your orders, you, along with Noah and his friends began getting to know each other more. You continued to hold Noah's hand from under the table, feeling your connection to him grow stronger. Noah loved how much you got along with his friends, and at that moment, he knew he was completely smitten with you.

"Flowers are always a good idea." You said, noticing him glancing at your floral dress.

He flashed you a bright smile, and came up with an idea. He knew how much you liked flowers, and he decided to use that as inspiration to ask you out on a date.

"Will you go out with me?" He asked, a little shyly.

"Yes, I will," You replied, smiling brightly. Just then, your food arrived. The two of you began eating, and continued to talk.

"So, what is your favorite flower?" He asked, curious. He was hoping to plan a romantic date, and he wanted to know what your favorite flower was for ideas.

"I love (favorite flower)." You replied. "They're my favorite."

"Ah, they are my favorite too!" He exclaimed. "I have a thing for (favorite color) flowers."

"I knew I liked you for a reason." You teased, and he blushed. The two of you finished your meals, then began chatting with Izzy, Owen and Eva

Noah smiled to himself the whole time, with a bunch of flower themed date ideas on his mind.

-

Noah decided to take you to the forest, where there was a secluded place with a lot of flowers. He led you to the spot, with some fast food in his bag, along with a speaker to play music. You sat down on the ground and ate some food as the sun shined through the trees. No words were needed to express how beautiful this could be. It felt like a fairytale with the sweet scent of flowers, along with the butterflies.

You innocently blurted out something funny, and of course, Noah responded with his infamous smirk. You giggled, then plucked a flower, handing it to him with a wink.

Noah took the flower, his smirk being replaced by a genuine smile. "You're the most adorable person I've ever met."

"Only because your smirk is adorable." You replied, plucking another flower. This time, you tucked the flower behind his ear, giving him a gentle smile.

Noah wrapped his arm around you, pulling you closer. He whispered, "You know, Y/N, your flowers have become more than just a game to me. They represent the beauty you bring into my life, and make me feel special for who I am. I... I'm falling for you, Y/N. I hope you feel the same way."

You blushed, feeling your heart pounding hard in your chest, and you were slightly scared you were going to have a heart attack. "I feel the same way, Noah. For every flower I've given you, it was a reminder for you to keep being yourself, because that's the reason I'm falling for you too."

Noah wrapped you in a warm hug and then gently kissed your cheek. You felt a wave of butterflies wash over you as you smiled.

You intertwine your hands with his, gazing up at the butterflies. You gave Noah a knowing smile, "Let's create a more beautiful and heartwarming love story than those cheesy romance novels I know you secretly read."

Noah laughed, and your heart swelled with affection, "Of course, Y/N. You're better than any stupid romance protagonist anyway."

From that day on, the playful flower game you and Noah shared became a lot deeper, with flowers becoming a symbol of the blossoming connection you had with each other.