Hidden feelings - Gwen x Shy!male!reader

AU:None
Setting: Total Drama Island
Episode: Not quite famous
Requested by: @Pokemonlover98
-

There she was, the girl you've admired, since you joined Total drama.

You smiled to yourself, as you watched Gwen doodle in her sketchbook by the tree. You wanted so badly to talk to her, and ask what she liked to draw, but you didn't know how to approach her. It wasn't that Gwen was unapproachable, it was that you were shy around others.

"Hey Gwen!" Trent beamed, sitting beside her. "What are you drawing?"

Gwen quickly hid her sketchbook behind her and gave Trent a small smile, "Just a random picture. It's a secret."

You tried to ignore the jealousy you felt about Trent being so open around Gwen. It wasn't really Trent's fault, but you wished you were as open as him.

Snapping you out of your thoughts, Chris announced a talent show through the loud speaker.

"Each team has eight hours to pick their three talented campers." Chris said. "These three will represent them in the show tonight! Anything goes as long as it's legal."

-

Heather gathered the team by the cabins to audition.

While everyone was busy auditioning, you decided to make conversation with Gwen.

"Uh.. Hi." You smiled, sitting beside her.

Gwen looked up and smiled at you. "Hey Y/N. Are you going to audition?"

"I was gonna ask you the same." You laughed. "But no, I'm a bit nervous about putting myself out there."

Gwen chuckled, "That's kind of cute."

You felt your cheeks heat up, and replied, "Really? Girls don't really find shy guys cute."

"That's not true!" Gwen told you. "A lot of girls find shy guys cute."

You smiled, not knowing what to say, but wanting to keep the conversation going. "So.. Do you think we could hang out sometime?"

Gwen blushed slightly, "I'd like that."

The two of you spent time getting to know each other, and you felt your feelings growing deeper for Gwen.

There was just something about her that drew you to her.

-

It was time for the talent show, and you took your seat next to Gwen and Trent. You tried not to feel jealous of the guy, since he had done nothing wrong, so you decided to be friendly with him too.

"Hey Trent." You spoke up. "Are you excited to perform?"

Trent smiled. "Yeah, dude. I can't wait."

"So, with two down and four acts to go, it's the Screaming Gophers... screaming ahead. Next on deck... Trent. Take it away, my bro." Chris says, and Trent goes on stage.

"This is for a special someone tonight.."

Trent started to sing a song he wrote, and you glanced at Gwen who was smiling widely at him. You felt your heart beat fast, but not in a good way.

"Nice work!" Chris congratulated Trent, who earned points for the team.

Trent sat back next to you and Gwen. You began to feel inferior. Gwen and Trent kept talking to each other the whole time, leaving you to feel left out. Your jaw clenched in anger, as he kept making her laugh.

Having enough of this, you stood up abruptly and walked away into the woods.

"Y/N! What's wrong?" Gwen called, but you ignored her.

You knew you were overreacting, but you didn't care. You just wanted to get away for awhile.

-

You arrived at the cliffs, where you and your team jumped off earlier. You felt tears slip, which you tried to hold back.

"There's no way she'll go for someone like me." You whispered to yourself.

"Y/N, I'm worried about you." You jumped up at Gwen's voice.

Gwen sat next to you and gave you a worried look. "Please talk to me."

You sighed and looked down sheepishly. "Why would you be worried about me?"

Gwen gazed down the cliff and replied, "I just really like you. I have for awhile."

Your head snapped up in shock. "What?"

Gwen continued, "I drew this for you." She handed you a paper from her sketchbook, showing a detailed image of you.

"Gwen.. I." You stammered. "But what about Trent?"

"Trent and I are just friends." Gwen told you, shrugging. "He did write that song for me, but I have my heart set on one person."

You grinned, and lifted her up, causing her to squeal.

"Y/N!" She laughed. "What are you doing?"

"I'm just happy you feel the same way!" You chuckled, spinning her around.

You both kept laughing, which sent echoes down the cliffs.

You set her down, and took her hand. "Shall we head back to camp?"

She squeezed your hand and smiled, "We shall."