Unexpected places - Heather x reader

Requested by: D_Squad

Setting: Total Drama Island - Takes place in the middle of the season, and when Heather gets eliminated in Triple Dog Dare. During this period, Heather slowly gets 'obsessed' or as I like to call it, 'Adorably Infatuated' with you. :) 

Heather had a reputation for being the biggest villain in Total Drama, for her sharp tongue and manipulative ways. No body on the Island trusted her, and it was obvious that she wasn't going to make new friends anytime soon. 

However, deep down, Heather had a hidden secret - A desire to be understood and for someone to recognize the vulnerability she kept hidden. Heather hated being mean, but she believed she had to, 

You were a new contestant on the show that joined during the middle of the season, due to challenges Chris had with your paperwork. Chris allowed you to join anyway, because he thought a fresh face would stir up more drama - which was what he loved. 

When you arrived on the island, you were unaware of Heather's true nature, and many of the other contestants such as Lindsay, Leshawna, Gwen and Duncan tried to warn you. However, you had this strong belief that people didn't act the way they did for no reason. 

"Hey." You said, giving Heather a warm smile, as you sat next to her on the sand. She looked deep in thought, so you wanted to approach her. 

"What do you want?" she asked, rolling her eyes.

"Well... I'm just sitting here and I thought we could talk." You replied. You were nervous, but you didn't show it.

"Talk about what?" Heather asked, finally looking at you. There was a hidden vulnerability behind her eyes that caught your attention, but you could tell she was trying to hide it. 

"I don't know... what do you want to talk about?" You asked, shrugging your shoulders.

"Maybe... I don't want to talk about anything." Heather said, turning away from you and looking towards the ocean. 

"That's fine, but I still want to talk to you." You said, taking a deep breath and trying to calm yourself from freaking out. She was very intimidating, but you still wanted to try. 

"Why?" Heather asked, turning her head towards you and squinting her eyes.

"Because I want to understand you. I know you have a reputation for being mean and manipulative, but I want to see for myself if you're really that bad." You replied, trying to keep your voice steady and your eyes focused on Heather. 

"So... are you saying that you want to be friends with me?" Heather said, turning away from you once again and rolling her eyes. She did not believe you one bit and thought this was some stupid trick from Leshawna again. Leshawna hated Heather and that was obvious. 

"Maybe... I just want to understand you." You said, taking a deep breath.

Heather was taken aback. No one had ever tried to understand her, and this thought alone scared her. To her, vulnerability meant weakness. Heather did not like weakness. In fact, she feared it, but did not admit that to anyone, even herself. 

"Well, don't get your hopes up because I'm not telling you anything." Heather snapped, getting up and walking away. 

You sighed, bringing your knees to your chest, as you watched the waves in the distance. "Worth a try." 

-

For the next few days, things were awkward between you and Heather. She did not pick on you, but rather seemed to avoid you. She would avoid your gaze with a light blush on her cheeks, and you decided to just give her the space she needed. You knew people like Heather typically don't open up that easily.