First impressions - Lightning x reader

Requested by: Go2TheRanch
AU: High school, junior year
-

"Go!"

The football team ran across the field, practicing for their game next week. It was the beginning of the school year, so football was big right now.

You just transferred to Bodwell high school, in early September, and were a part of the cheerleading team. You had practice every Wednesday's and Friday's after school. Sometimes, you would watch the football players play while you were on break at practice.

One of the football players named 'Lightning' watched you as Sammy was helping you get the hang of the routine. He blushed slightly, as you caught his eye. He thought you looked cute focusing on the routine, and practicing.

"I think I got it down, but I know I still need to work on doing the splits." You said to Sammy.

Sammy smiled, "I know you'll get the hang of it, Y/N! You're pretty good!"

Lightning had a small smile on his face watching you speak with Sammy until Geoff interrupted him, "Dude, focus! Homecoming is coming soon, and we need to be ready."

Lightning glanced at you one last time, before turning back to practice the game.

Homecoming was coming up, and Lightning had been wanting to ask you. However, he did not know how to approach you because you were always with your close friend, Cameron. Cameron and Lightning weren't exactly friends.

Lightning noticed you watching them play, so he decided it was a good opportunity to show off.

"Sha- Lightning!" He yelled, running as fast as he could. He threw the ball with all his might, accidentally striking Geoff in the face. Geoff fell over, groaning in pain.

"Geoff, are you alright?" Brick asked, helping his friend up. "Lightning, you need to be more careful."

"Lightning was amazing!" Lightning laughed, kissing his biceps. "Lightning got sha-skills!"

Brick shook his head, while Geoff rolled his eyes. Lightning glanced at where you were practicing, and felt his face heat up at your look of disapproval. You went back to talking with Sammy about the routines.

Lightning looked away awkwardly, then went back to his spot to continue practicing the game.

-

When Lightning got to school, he saw you by your locker looking at a map of the campus. He approached you since you were alone, and you looked up from the map.

"Meet Lightning! You are lucky to meet me because I'm amazing!" He smirked, flexing his muscles.

"Huh?" You frowned in confusion.

Lightning shrugged, taking the map from you, "What's all this?"

"Oh, it's a map of the school Cameron made me. I still get lost sometimes, so he thought this might help."

Lightning scoffed, reading the map, "You don't need a map! Lightning will show you around."

You chuckled, "Thank you, but-''

"Hey Y/N. I see you've met Lightning." Cameron approached you.

"Yeah, because I'm amazing!" Lightning laughed.

"What are you doing with Y/N's map?" Cameron asked, looking at the map Lighting was holding.

"Lightning is gonna show her around." Lightning said, frowning at Cameron. He put the map into his pocket. "Let's go, Y/N."

"She's okay, Lightning. She just needs to find her way to class. We have the same class, so I'm going to walk with her."

At this point, Lightning was visibly annoyed. You and Cameron proceeded to walk away to class, but Lightning followed you.