A true gem - Harold x supportive!reader

Requested by: UnderFrisk00
Setting: TDI and TDA
-

Harold was a true gem. From the moment you met him, you saw the spark of potential in Harold that others often overlooked. His quirky sense of humor and impressive knowledge of all things geeky fascinated you. However, it seemed like the rest of the contestants were determined to belittle him at every turn.

Today was the talent challenge and Harold told you he planned to beat box. You were excited and saw this as his chance to shine. He was gifted at music, and he had a gift that everyone deserved to see.

"You're gonna do great, Harold!" You exclaimed, as he practiced with you by the beach. "We'll prove those campers wrong."

Harold chuckled, moving closer to you, "Thanks, Y/N. I'm trying to not be overshadowed again."

You nodded, then watched as he continued to practice. You smiled to yourself, knowing he was going to win this challenge for your team.

Soon after, you and Harold went to meet the Killer Bass to audition for the talent show. Harold was up next and he was about to beat box. You smiled in anticipation, but to your dismay, Courtney cut him off before he could showcase his talent.

"Next!" She glared at him.

"Gosh!" Harold exclaimed, moving away from the crowd. You could see the disappointment in his eyes and it triggered a surge of anger and protectiveness within you. You decided to step up and defend him.

"Hey, Courtney, what's the rush? Harold deserves a fair chance to audition, just like everyone else," You said firmly, your voice laced with conviction.

Courtney rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, clearly unimpressed. "Oh, please. We all know Harold doesn't have any real talent. We're just wasting our time here."

You took a deep breath. "Courtney, you may not appreciate Harold's talent, but that doesn't mean it's not valid. He's worked hard on his beatboxing skills, and I believe he deserves a platform to showcase them."

Duncan, who had been observing the situation from a distance, stepped forward, a mischievous grin playing on his face. "Hey, if Y/N thinks Harold's got talent, I say we give him a shot. It'll be entertaining, at the very least."

Courtney huffed, clearly outnumbered. "Fine, have it your way. But don't say I didn't warn you."

As the tension lifted, you smiled at Duncan, grateful for his unexpected support. Taking Harold's hand, you walked to the center of the grass, facing your teammates.

With a deep breath, Harold began his beatboxing routine. The campers were captivated, their initial skepticism replaced with surprise and appreciation.

As Harold's performance reached its peak, the campers erupted into applause and cheers. You clapped the loudest, a mix of pride and adoration shining in your eyes. This was Harold's moment, and he had seized it with all of his talent and determination.

Harold enveloped you in a hug, "Thanks for believing in me, Y/N."

"Of course." You smiled, your heart fluttering from the hug.

The talent show came and it was a disaster for your team. Bridgette threw up everywhere, Courtney was injured and the rest of your team lacked a lot of talent. Courtney didn't want to admit it, but she knew Harold had been shining the whole time.

Courtney swallowed her pride then approached you and Harold and asked Harold, "Can you do it?"

You gave Harold an encouraging smile and he nodded then went on stage. You and Courtney sat together in excitement and nervousness, waiting for Harold to beatbox.