The art gallery - Gwen x male!reader

Requested by: CarlosMartinez921457
Setting: Adulthood
-

You woke up to shuffling and music coming from the living room. You rubbed your eyes tiredly, then got up from your bed to check what was going on. When you got to the living room, you saw your fiancée, Gwen, working on all kinds of portraits. Some portraits were discarded on the floor, while new ones were being repainted.

"Honey?" You asked, going up to her. "Why are you still working on your portraits? You finished them two weeks ago already."

Gwen sighed, continuing to add more touches to her portraits. "I know. It's just that this art gallery is a huge deal for my career. If my work gets accepted into it, it could mean big milestones."

You smiled a little. You knew Gwen was very passionate about her career as an artist, and she took every opportunity to get her work known.

Many people loved and bought her work, so you understood that getting into this gallery is huge. It was a high profile gallery by her favorite artist to feature other people's work for the sake of promotion and theme. Although you understood why Gwen was stressed out, you wished she wouldn't stress so much.

"Your work is amazing, honey. I'm sure it would get accepted. Just try not to get so worked up about it. You've been stressing so much about this gallery."

"Yes, I know Y/N." Gwen sighed, giving you a pleading look. "Can you just let this go for tonight? The gallery is tomorrow and I need to make sure that everything is perfect."

You sighed, giving her a hug. "Okay, honey..But I'm going to make you some tea, okay?"

"Okay, Y/N. Thank you." Gwen smiled.

You nodded, then went to the kitchen to make Gwen's tea. You set it on the coffee table in the living room, then went back to bed, hoping Gwen doesn't stay up all night.

The next morning, you woke up, noticing Gwen wasn't in bed. You checked the time, and it was six in the morning. You frowned, knowing it was unlike Gwen to be up this early, unless she stayed up.

You headed to the living room, then gaped in shock when you saw many portraits discarded on the floor, along with newly painted ones, and some with more work added to it.

Gwen was still working on a painting, and you noticed she did not touch the tea you made her from the night before, since it was still full. You approached her, carefully taking the paint brush from her.

"Y/N!" Gwen groaned, grabbing the paint brush back. "Can't you see I'm working here?"

"Did you get any sleep?" You asked, already knowing the answer.

"I couldn't sleep." Gwen admitted, then let out a yawn. "I had to make sure everything was just right."

"Please get some rest." You told her, leading her to the bedroom. "I'll wake you up when it's time to get ready to drop off your portraits."

"Can you wake me up an hour before I have to get ready so I can double check one last time?"

You nodded, "Sure."

Gwen smiled gratefully, then laid on the bed, drifting off to sleep. You pulled a blanket over her, then kissed her head. You left the room to go make breakfast.

As promised, you woke Gwen up an hour before it was actually time to get ready, which was around eleven in the morning, and Gwen made the final touches to some of her sketches and paintings. You put out a plate of eggs and bacon for her to eat while she was working on the drawings.

"Gwen?" You asked, walking out of the bedroom. "It's almost time to get ready."

Gwen nodded, then left to get ready for the gallery.