I still get jealous - Cody x reader

AU: A carnival
Age: 19
-
Dates with Cody were always fun. You both always went on some adventure whether it be going to McDonald's at two am or doing anything carefree and childish. You've been together for eight months, going strong.

You and Cody were sitting on a Ferris wheel, at the carnival and so far had an easygoing, yet exciting day.

"Isn't the view just beautiful?" You ask, smiling and leaning your head onto Cody.

You could see the entire carnival from the Ferris wheel. The sun bled into the clouds, and birds chirped from the distance.

Cody chuckled, putting his arm around you. "Not as beautiful as you."

"Whatever." You laugh. "Don't try to get cheesy on me!"

"I wasn't." Cody said. "You really are beautiful."

You blushed lightly and found his hand in yours, enjoying the rest of the ride in silence.

-
"I wish that lasted forever!" You sighed, getting off the Ferris wheel.

Cody took your hand, and asked, "Me too. So what should we do now?"

"How about we play basketball?" You suggest, looking over at the arcade games.

"I don't know.." Cody said, unsure. "I'm not very good at sports."

"You don't have to be to play." You told him. "Besides, don't we always try new things together?"

Cody nodded, and you both walked over to the arcade section.

-

"I keep losing!" Cody whined, trying to shoot the basketball in. So far, Cody gained one point and you got six.

You giggled, "No! You got one in."

"But still."

"You need to aim higher." You told him. Cody nodded, and shot the ball as high as he could.

"Ouch!" You winced, feeling the ball hit your face.

Cody stopped playing and wrapped his arms around you. "Are you okay?"

You nodded, "Yeah, just a small headache."

Cody looked down in shame. "I'm sorry, I should've been more careful."

"Don't be. You still did great." You smiled, assuring him.

"Hey, I've been watching you two from my station. I just wanted to say I was impressed by your playing, Y/N." You heard someone say from behind you. You and Cody turned around, seeing it was Alejandro.

"Thank you." You smiled.

Alejandro grins and says, "Do you want me to get you a drink? It must've been tiring for a pretty lady like yourself to shoot all those hoops."

You smiled, sheepishly. "It's okay!"

"I'll get you a drink anyway. Stay here, I'll be back."