You are enough - Brick x Reader

AU: College
Brick's age: 19
Your's: 19

Your boyfriend, Brick had been spending a lot of time with Jo lately. The two would go to the gym together and not invite you. You tried not to feel jealous, you really did, but you couldn't help it.

Brick and Jo have a lot in common. They're both athletic, tough, and competitive. You, on the other hand weren't really the sporty type. You preferred to write and read.

You held your tongue, as Brick came to your dorm late again. You never told Brick how you felt, because you didn't want to seem clingy and possessive. You just let your feelings get buried deep inside you.

"Sorry I'm late. Jo and I did several more rounds together in basketball." Brick said, throwing his gym bag on the side. He sighed, and walked to the fridge to get water.

"Jo this. Jo that." You muttered.

"What was that?" Brick asked, looking towards you.

"Nothing."

"I know you're mad that I'm late and I already apologized. What more do you want me to do?"

You continued to deny you were ever upset, "I'm not mad or anything. I'm happy you're here."

"Y/N, it's not healthy to keep in how you feel." Brick pointed out. "I know you've been upset with me lately and it's eating you alive."

You avoided his gaze, shifting slightly. "They're just feelings though. They will go away."

"Not if you keep hiding it."

You felt ashamed for even being upset with him. You knew these feelings were silly, however they kept bothering you.

"I'm sorry." You answered, hesitantly. "It's just.. You've been spending a lot of time with Jo and it feels like you don't want to hang out with me anymore. I know it's stupid, and you two are just friends, but- You know what? Never mind."

"Not never mind, Y/N. I need to know this." Brick pressed on.

You grabbed a pillow and hugged it, a habit you do when you're nervous.

"It feels like I'm not enough for you anymore, because I'm nothing compared her."

Brick was silent for a moment, then lifted your chin to look at him.

"Y/N.. You are enough.. and I love you. I'm sorry you've been feeling this way. I never considered how you felt. Yes, Jo is athletic and strong, but you're you and that's enough. There's a reason I'm with you and not her."

You felt yourself tear up. Brick sat close to you and pulled you into a hug.

"And on the days where you feel you're alone and not enough, don't be ashamed to tell me."

You kissed his cheek softly. "I'll try."

You both stayed like that for an hour, until you fell asleep.