Assurance - Heather x reader

Requested by: Cookies4443

Setting: After Total Drama

"You have beautiful hair." 

"Thank you." You smiled at the raven haired waiter. She blushed a little, then continued speaking to you. 

Heather, your girlfriend of seven months, gazed at you and the waiter in disapproval, as she sat there, waiting for the lady to take your orders. Heather looked down at her nails, frowning slightly, hearing you laugh at the Waiter's comments. 

"Are you going to take our order or not?" Heather snapped, causing you and the waiter to look at her. 

The waiter smiled, and opened her notepad. "Yeah! What can I get you guys?" 

You and Heather placed your orders, as the waiter wrote it on the notebook. Afterwards, the waiter leaned close to you, and winked at you saying, "Be right back, gorgeous."

Heather scoffed beside you, and you smiled a bit. It wasn't new for Heather to get jealous. When you two were on Total Drama World Tour together, she would get wary of the other contestants, which caused her to be too afraid to reveal her feelings for you. Lucky for you both, Cody helped her and thus, you and Heather formed a relationship after the finale. 

"Relax. I love you, remember?" You whispered, reaching for her hands across the table. You squeezed her hands in assurance, which always calmed her down. 

Heather nodded awkwardly, then proceeded to calm down for the next twenty minutes, while you two chatted about the movie you were going to see together after lunch. After five minutes, the waiter came back with your orders, shyly smiling at you. However, you were too focused on Heather. 

"Wait, weren't you on total drama?" The waiter asked Heather. You glanced at Heather, as she quietly nodded. 

"Aren't you like super mean or something?" The waiter laughed, then looked at you with a playful grin. "How do you put up with that in the relationship?" 

"I would appreciate it if you stop interrogating us!" Heather snapped. You began to grow even more uncomfortable, feeling the tension at the table.

The waiter just giggled, and smirked, leaving the table, obviously satisfied that she provoked Heather. You glared at the waiter, knowing full well she doesn't like your girlfriend. You understood why people would say Heather was mean, but it wasn't necessary to ask you, her girlfriend, how you put up with it.

"Are you okay?" You asked, frowning at Heather in concern. Heather shrugged, then started eating her salad. You sighed, knowing she was pissed and needed some space. For the next fifteen minutes, you and Heather ate in awkward silence, only talking to each other about how good the food was. 

"Heather." You spoke up, and she looked up from her phone. "Don't listen to her, alright? I love you for who you are, and your past at Total Drama won't change that."

Heather sighed, then said, "I know you do.. I just hate it when people bring it up." 

You smiled, "I'm still looking forward to the rest of our date. We get to see the city lights afterwards! Aren't you excited?"

"Yeah! I'm.. I'm always excited for our dates." Heather looked down, hiding her smile. 

You grinned at her teasingly. "Oh really?"

Heather blushed, and chuckled a bit, nodding. She hated to admit she was excited about anything. 

Heather reached for your hands, this time, and you both sat there in silence, enjoying each other's company.