True love accepts your unique qualities - Cody x tall!reader

Requested by: misery-maggots
Setting: Adulthood, after Total Drama 
-

Everyone has their insecurities. Even the most confident people have their doubts and fears, and those insecurities can come out in different ways.

Some people feel insecure when they're around other people, while others feel it when they're by themselves. Some people feel like they're not good enough, while others feel like they're not worthy of love. Some people feel like they don't have enough to offer the world, while others feel like they don't have enough to offer themselves. Everyone has their own way of dealing with those insecurities.

Your insecurity, in particular, was your height. You were quite tall, and you towered over your boyfriend, Cody. You and Cody met at Geoff's party, after Total Drama ended. You were a friend of Geoff's and when you met Cody, you instantly connected.  

Cody stood at 5'4 while you stood at (Y/H). Cody always told you that he adored your height and found it endearing but you had a hard time believing it. 

People would make thoughtless remarks, teasing Cody for being shorter and implying that you were the "man" in the relationship. They would also make snide remarks that Cody preferred shorter girls or that you were too ugly to attract taller men. 

These comments hurt you deeply, causing you to question your self-worth and feel insecure about your height.

Cody walked into your shared living room, frowning once he saw you lying down on the couch, upset. He immediately knew something was wrong. 

 "Y/N, sweetheart? What's wrong?" Cody asked, kneeling down in front of you. You couldn't speak, so he simply held you in his arms and let you cry.

"There, there." He whispered, stroking your hair. "I love you, Y/N, no matter what."

Cody knew the struggles you were going through, because he was always there whenever people would make comments about your relationship. He always stood up for you, but that didn't stop the comments from other people while he was away. He never failed to notice the pain in your eyes whenever you tried to hide it. 

He stayed with you for the next few hours, whispering words of reassurance in your ear, that he loves you, that you're beautiful and that he'll always be by your side. You tiredly mustered a small smile, and Cody kissed your cheek. 

Cody knew it would be a long, bumpy road of healing ahead for you, but he was always willing to be there for you, offering you his support and love.

Determined to lift your spirits and help you embrace your beauty, Cody decided to take matters into his own hands.

The next afternoon, Cody surprised you with a romantic picnic in your favorite park. As you and Cody sat beneath a tall oak tree, he took a deep breath and began to share what he thought about your situation.

"Y/N," Cody started, looking sincere. "I want you to know that I absolutely adore everything about you, including your height. To me, it's one of the things that makes you so special and captivating."

You forced a smile, still not believing it. "But Cody, people always make fun of us. They say I'm too tall for you, and it makes me feel really insecure. They say all these awful things about not just me, but you. I get worried that one day you'll see that."

Cody reached out and gently held your hand. "I understand how hurtful those comments can be, Y/N. But here's the thing: love doesn't have a height requirement. It's not about who's taller or who fits society's norms. Love is about accepting each other for who we are, no matter what others say or think. Y/N, I love you for who you are, not just your height. I'll keep assuring you until you believe it."

You nodded, taking in his heartfelt words. You realized that Cody truly saw you for who you were, beyond appearances and societal expectations.

"Cody.. Are you sure?" You replied, your voice barely above a whisper. You wanted to hear him say it again. 

"Yes, Y/N." Cody repeated, firmly, holding you in his arms. His grip tightened, as he kissed your cheek. "You're beautiful, inside and out, and I love everything about you. Please, don't let other people's opinions define you."

"I'll.. I'll try, Cody." You said, sincerely. You didn't know how, but you still wanted to try. 

Cody's grip loosened, but he didn't let go of you. "As long as you keep trying, Y/N."

You and Cody continued to enjoy your picnic together, the atmosphere feeling a lot lighter. You knew it wouldn't be easy, but with Cody by your side, you knew you could work on your confidence and accept yourself. 

Cody reached for a strawberry and held it towards your mouth with a mischievous smile, "Open up."

You rolled your eyes and smiled, opening your mouth, letting him feed you. He loved doing this. 

Cody smiled warmly as he wiped a strawberry stain off your mouth with his thumb, then kissed your nose. "Don't ever forget, these moments make our relationship special, not because of following the societal expectations."

The next day, you and Cody attended the fair. Some people recognized him from Total Drama, and things seemed to be going well until a group of people, most likely teenagers, crowded around you and Cody, making snide remarks about your height, derogatory comments and laughing at your expense.

You knew that people like that were fueled by their own insecurities or a lack of understanding, but it didn't make it hurt any less. 

Cody felt a surge of protectiveness wash over him as he saw your smile falter and the look of hurt across your face. He knew he couldn't let this continue and he stepped forward in anger.

"Hey," Cody called out toward the group. "I think it's time we had a little chat about respect and kindness."

The group turned their attention to Cody, their mocking expressions shifting to surprise. They hadn't expected such a bold response from him.

Cody continued, his voice steady but firm. "Y/N is an incredible person, and her height has nothing to do with who she is as a human being. It's time you all learned to appreciate and respect that. Yes, she's tall but I love that about her. None of it is your business."

Some of the group members exchanged glances, with their initial amusement replaced by a sense of guilt. They began to realize the impact of their hurtful words and how biased they were. 

You smiled as you stood beside him, and spoke up. "Cody's right. We should all embrace each other's differences instead of tearing each other down. Kindness and acceptance will always be more powerful than judgment and ridicule."

The group stood in stunned silence, some looking remorseful, some looking surprised, while others just looked annoyed and walked away.

Cody wrapped his arm around you, holding you close to him. "Are you okay?" 

You nodded, smiling genuinely. "I am now. Thank you, Cody." 

Over time, you and Cody gradually began to receive less snide remarks about your height difference, because whenever people would try to say something about you, both of you would quickly shut them down with confidence. 

There were still times where you felt insecure, but you knew that you were strong enough to handle it, especially with Cody by your side. 

Cody's courage and support for you made your love for each other grow stronger, as you knew you could rely on one another to face any challenge that came your way.