Nightmares - Mike x Anxious!reader

AU: Mike's place
Age: 16
-
You stayed at Mike's place this Saturday night and watched a movie marathon with him. You cuddled closer to him, burying your face into his chest. He pulled you closer and kissed your forehead.

"Happy anniversary, my love." Mike says, smiling widely. "I'm very lucky to have you."

You and Mike have been together for a year, since he asked you out at homecoming. It was the best day of your life, and up to now, you remember how happy you felt.

"I'm lucky to have you!" You reply. "Happy anniversary, babe."

"Can you believe we've been together for a year already?" Mike laughed. "I'm surprised you put up with me for this long."

"No way!" You giggled. "You're the one who puts up with me."

Mike pouted. "That's not true! I love you."

Butterflies erupted in your stomach once again, and you smiled, hugging Mike.

"I love you too."

What if he doesn't love you?

"Oh no." You thought. Not again.

What if he just feels bad for you?

What Mike didn't know was your constant doubt and overthinking. You knew he wouldn't judge you, but you didn't want him to worry.

"What's wrong, babe?" Mike asked, looking at you in concern.

"Nothing." You gave a phony smile. "I'm just.. tired."

Mike nodded, seeming like he believed it. "Okay. Get some rest, Y/N."

You nodded, and snuggled into him, closing your eyes. You just hoped your overthinking wouldn't prevent you from falling asleep.

-

"Hi guys!" You smiled, approaching your best friends at your lunch table.

They laughed, and stopped the moment they saw you. They glared at you and got up, packing their things.

Your smile dropped. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Yeah." Your best friend (name) said. "You exist."

Ouch.

The rest of your group nodded in agreement and gave you a list of reasons to why they hated you. You felt yourself tear up and ran away. You searched the school for your boyfriend, Mike.

"Mike!" You called, running up to him. You stopped, once you saw him with Zoey.

Mike whipped around and smirked when he saw you. He put his arm around Zoey, kissing her cheek.

"Listen Y/N. I never loved you." Mike told you, and Zoey giggled. "I've always loved Zoey."

"What?" Your voice cracked. "But.."

Suddenly, your group of friends crowded around you, along with Mike and Zoey shouting "Everyone hates you! We all hate you!"

"We never cared."

"You're worthless."

"You're-"

"Y/N, wake up!" You heard Mike yell. He shook you awake, feeling his heart break, seeing you cry in your sleep.

"Y/N!" Mike yelled, holding you close. You woke up, feeling overwhelmed.

"Mike." You sobbed. "It was so bad. Please don't leave me."

"I'll never leave you." Mike assured you. "Do you want to talk about your dream?"

"More like a nightmare." You sighed. "I don't think I should tell you. You'll think I'm being silly."

Mike sat you on his lap, and stroked your hair. "I won't. You can trust me, Y/N."

You looked into his eyes and saw his genuine love and concern for you. You decided to tell him, because you felt you could trust him. He was your boyfriend, after all.

You began explaining to him everything that happened in your dream, along with how you've been feeling.
-

"Y/N." Mike sighed, hugging you close. He wiped your tears, whispering sweet nothings in your ear.

"I'm sorry I'm being a baby." You choked out.

"You're not." Mike assured you. "And I'm nothing like the jerk in your dream. I love you and so does everyone else. It's normal to have doubts sometimes, but you need to talk about it or it will eat you alive."

You nodded in agreement. "I know. It just gets hard."

"That's why you have me." Mike smiled. "You don't have to do this alone."

You hugged Mike close and you two stayed like that for several minutes.

"Are you sure?" You asked, sheepishly.

Suddenly, Mike attacks you with tickles and your laughter fills the room.

"Mike!" You laugh. "Stop!"

"Believe me when I say I'll never leave!" Mike smirks, tickling your neck.

"Okay!" You cackle. "Okay, Mike! I believe you!"

"I can't hear you." Mike grins, tickling your stomach.

"I said I believe you!" You yell, laughing.

Mike stops, and pulls you into a hug. You grabbed a pillow from behind your back, and hit his head.

"Hey!" Mike exclaimed, then grabbed a pillow.

You both have a pillow fight and spend the rest of the night teasing and laughing with each other.