Missing you - Dave x Olympic gymnast!reader

Requested by: StephanieAjasa
Setting: Adulthood
-

"You're amazing, Y/N!" Dave cheered, watching you practice your movements across the field. 

Dave smiled, finding you completely beautiful as you practiced your stunts on the field. 

You chuckled, then walked over to your boyfriend, giving him a hug. Dave handed you a bottle of water, and you sat next to him on the bleachers. 

You've been spending the week training for the big games that lie ahead. It's been stressful, challenging yet fun because you knew you'd get to travel for the games. You liked to travel to different places, and bring back souvenirs for Dave. Dave kept those souvenirs on his shelf in his bedroom, and looked at them whenever you had to leave. 

You and Dave had gotten together a year ago and you met each other in college. You were in a lot of sports, Dave attended every game, then approached you after one of them. He always admired your beauty and talent for sports. 

However, as much as Dave was excited for you to perform and pursue your dreams, he was worried. He worried you would eventually lose interest in him because he didn't have the same goals as you. He made it a point to always support you, but he still had this fear that you would move on from your life with him here. 

"Are you still able to make it to our date tomorrow night?" Dave asked, walking into his car with you. 

Your heart dropped a little. You completely forgot you had a date with him tomorrow. 

"Y/N?" Dave asked, after a moment of silence. He nervously chuckled, "You didn't forget, did you?"

You sighed, avoiding his gaze. "I.. I kind of forgot we had a date. I've been so focused practicing for my upcoming game that it just slipped my mind. I'm sorry."

Dave chuckled, awkwardly. He ignored his doubts that began to creep in. "It's okay." 

"No it's not!" You exclaimed, giving him a guilty look. "I want to spend time with you before I leave. Let's still meet up tomorrow, okay?"

Dave nodded, his doubts for you disappearing for a moment. He leaned in to kiss your cheek, then smiled. "I can't wait. I get to have you all to myself for the night." 

"Yup." You grinned, feeling yourself blush. 

The next morning, your coach called you to inform you that the game was going to be extra competitive, so you needed to practice more. This worried you, because you knew you had to make time for Dave or he would freak out and doubt himself. 

You sighed, then tried to think of a plan to practice and go on that date tonight. After a few minutes, you then decided to practice extra early, that way you could get enough rest for tonight. 

You headed to the field, then began practicing more of your stunts. You practiced and practiced until you were confident enough to take a break. 

When you checked your phone, you were worried to see there were five missed calls from Dave. You answered them and he picked up on the first ring. 

"Y/N! Are you okay? Why haven't you answered my calls?" Dave asked, frantically. 

You felt ashamed. "I was practicing again for the game. Coach says that it's going to be extra competitive this year. I didn't know you called."

Dave sighed, trying to hide his anxiety. "Are you still able to make it tonight?"

"Definitely." You assured him. "That's why I tried to practice early; so I could make it tonight."