Say you'll remember me - Chris x reader PART 2

The highly requested part 2 ✨ See the oneshot of the same title for part one.
Requests remaining until open: 5. Requests are closed until the remaining are done and I don't have a wait list. Thank you for your patience!
-

Your close friend, Natalie, who was a talk show host for her show called "What's new with Nat?" had her wedding reception tonight at a hotel ballroom. You had helped her set up, along with getting the decorations, and the rest of your friends who were actresses and singers were going to attend. You knew most of the people Natalie was inviting, but the rest were her other friends and family.

You arrived into the ballroom, admiring the dim lighting and elegant roses everywhere. Pop music was playing, and already a lot of people were here even though the reception just started. You greeted Natalie and her husband, and talked for a bit then went to line up for food. You finished gathering food for your plate, then took a seat, saying hi to the rest of your friends.

"Y/N, why don't you go up and sing karaoke?" One of your friends suggested. You looked towards the stage, seeing some people line up to go sing.

"I'm not that good at singing." You laughed, but your group of friends kept encouraging you.

"Alright, alright!" You agreed, walking in line.

Finally, it was your turn then you got up on stage choosing a song that was easy, yet meaningful to sing.

"He said let's get out of this town, drive out of the city, away from the crowds.. I thought heaven can't help me now, nothing lasts forever."

As you were singing, you spotted a familiar face in the crowd watching you. Your heart slowed a little, when you recognized the person as Chris McLean. The one who broke your heart years ago.

You've have not heard from Chris since that night you saw him kissing Blainely. That was four years ago. When the news spread like wildfire that they were together four years ago, you couldn't believe that he just gave up on you like that. He never bothered to call you to explain himself or apologize. He just left you.

It took you so many years to move on. You weren't even sure if you completely did move on, since he was your first love. You also weren't sure, however, if he was still with Blainely today.

You finished the song, getting off stage hearing a round of applause, as you went back to your seat.
You grinned, hearing your friends give you encouraging praises.

-
You made it a point to not run into Chris. When you thought you saw him coming your way, you would excuse yourself from whoever you were speaking to, then go somewhere else. Everyone was dancing to the music in the ballroom, then you got tired of dancing and went to sit in your seat. Some of your friends had too much wine to drink, laughing over everything and tripping over their own feet.

"That was pretty impressive, Y/N." You heard Chris say. You looked up, seeing him in front of you, looking slightly nervous.

"Thank you." You mumbled, looking down, sipping your iced tea. He was the last person you wanted to see tonight, and you hoped he would go away.

Chris sat next to you, as you both watched the people dance. You avoided his gaze as you caught him staring at you from peripheral view. He cleared his throat then stood up, holding out his hand, "Want to dance?"

Just as you were about to say no, Natalie walked over to you guys with a big smile, "Hey Y/N! I see you and Chris are reunited, that's great! I always knew you guys would get back together. Anyway, you two should invite me if you guys have a wedding of your own!"

You looked down, feeling your face heat up awkwardly, "Nat, we aren't-''

"Stop being so humble! It's okay to share the good news with me at my wedding reception!" Natalie laughed. "See you two lovebirds later!"