Competition - Svetlana x reader

Requested by: Pizzicatorolls
Setting: Dance class
-

Being new to the dance community, you were still unsure of where to begin or what to expect. You had never been to a dance class before and were nervous about meeting new people. You were also worried that you wouldn't be able to keep up with the other students.

As you sat on the chair, waiting for the lessons to begin, you noticed a beautiful girl with short spiky hair and a grace that was undeniable. She was gliding around the room, clearly passionate about dance.

You smiled then decided to introduce yourself, "Hi, my name is Y/N. I'm new here. What's yours?"

The girl smiled, "I'm Svetlana!"

You returned her smile, "You're so graceful and I admire your moves. How do you do it?"

Svetlana did a beautiful pose, captivating you. "Practice, my darling! Practice, practice, practice!"

You giggled, already drawn to her charm. "I can tell already that you're a star, Svetlana! Do you think we can be friends?"

Svetlana clasps her hands together in excitement, "Why, of course!"

Soon, the instructor arrived and the lesson started. As the lesson began, you found it difficult to keep up with the other students due to the instructor's rapid speech and confusing structure.

Svetlana noticed your struggle and giggled. She demonstrated the movement again, this time slowly and in a way you would understand as a new student. "Like this Y/N!"

You did your best to mimic her movements as closely as possible, and she decided to walk you through it step by step so that you would have a better understanding of how to do it on your own.

Slowly, you start getting the hang of the basics.

Svetlana smiled and extended a hand, "Would you like me to start helping you with your dance moves?"

You nodded eagerly, "Sure!"

And just like that, that was the start of a beautiful friendship between you and Svetlana.

During the next three weeks, you and Svetlana have become the closest of friends. You spend hours together every day, and she's become an important part of your life.

Svetlana's mentorship went beyond just dance. She shared stories of her own struggles and triumphs, and you found yourself opening up to her as well.

"So, it really took you months before you got that medal?" You asked, intrigued.

Svetlana nodded happily, "Yes! But with practice and persistence, I was able to get it. I believe you can do it too."

Your bond grew stronger with each passing day, and it became clear that there was something more than just friendship developing between you.

One afternoon, while taking a break from practicing, Svetlana looked at you with a soft smile. "Y/N, I must admit something to you. These past few weeks have been magical. Dancing with you has awakened feelings in me that I haven't felt in a long time."

Your heart raced at her words. "I feel the same way, Svetlana. Being with you, dancing with you—it's like a dream come true."

Svetlana twirled. "Then let's make this dream a reality. Y/N, would you be my dance partner not just in practice but in life as well? I want to share every step, every spin, and every moment with you."

You couldn't contain your happiness as you reached out and took her hand in yours. "Yes, Svetlana. I would love to be your partner, both on and off the dance floor."