Double date - Sanders x shy!male reader

Requested by: JebTheCanadian
Setting: An arcade

Note: Sanders' first name has never been revealed (If one of the creators said it, I didn't see it), so she'll be referred to as Sanders by Y/N :)
-

You and Sanders have been together for two months, and she decided to take you on a double date with her friend Valentina MacArthur and Valentina's boyfriend, Brody. Today, you and Sanders were going to an arcade, where she planned to challenge the other couple in laser tag.

At first, you were open to that, but the more you thought about it, the more nervous you became. You were amazing at sports despite being shy, but you had trouble putting yourself out there to show it. Because of this, many people just assumed you were bad, and that was frustrating.

"I'm excited, aren't you?" Sanders asked, smiling a little.

You chuckled, hiding your nervousness. "I am."

Sanders glanced at you a little more then sighed, "Y/N, I could tell you're nervous. Relax, my friends will like you."

You smiled. "I'll try not to be nervous."

Sanders kissed your cheek. "You'll be fine."

You and Sanders arrived at the arcade to meet Valentina and Brody. Sanders introduced you to them, and you awkwardly waved "Hello." You all paid the guy at the booth, then went to put on the gear and grab the laser guns.

"Let's go!" Valentina yelled, running across the arena.

Sanders, and Brody began trying to shoot each other, while you awkwardly stood there, feeling nervous. Sanders turned towards you, "Go, Y/N!"

You ran as fast as you could, trying to aim for Valentina and Brody. You kept missing, and accidentally hit Sanders instead.

"Sorry!" You told her, feeling embarrassed.

"Ugh!" Sanders groaned, stepping back from you. She regained her composure, then shot both Valentina and Brody, who were about to aim at her at the same time.

Valentina laughed, shooting both you and Sanders. Soon, other people joined in the arena, and there was chaos where everyone was moving quickly.

You felt embarrassed because everyone was enjoying this much more than you did. You didn't understand why you were so stiff with your movements, when you usually did well.

Sanders, Valentina, and Brody were all getting lost in their conversation, while they were playing the game. You couldn't help but feel left out, since you were the only one out of the group to be a bit shy and hesitant with the game.

"Better luck next time!" Valentina laughed at Sanders, once she won the game. Sanders huffed, then playfully flicked her off. Valentina laughed, smirking at her.

You and Sanders exited the building.

Sanders walked with you, linking her arms with yours, "You seemed uncomfortable back there. Are you okay?"

You nodded, "Yeah."

"That was fun!" Sanders chuckled, getting into her car. "Did you see how Brody flipped backwards just to shoot that guy and his girlfriend? Their faces were priceless!"

You laughed a little, trying to hide that you felt left out. It wasn't their fault, but you barely knew Brody and Valentina. You weren't comfortable showing off your competitive sporty side yet.

"MacArthur wants us to go on another double date next week. Are you up for it?" Sanders asked.

"Sure!"

"Great." Sanders smiled, driving you back to your place. "I'll let her know you said yes."

You leaned against the window, feeling even more nervous about next week. You hoped that the date was simple and not too interactive like it was today. You didn't mind Sanders' friends. It's just that they were much more outgoing than you. You felt that Sanders would get bored of you, eventually because you were so different from the people she normally interacted with.

After a week, you and Sanders were on a double date again with Brody and Valentina. Valentina, Sanders, and Brody decided that this time, it would be at the basketball court. However, they invited their other friends, Bridgette and Geoff.

You secretly felt even more nervous because you were going to meet two additional new people. You wanted to make a good impression and not embarrass yourself.

"Hey guys!" Bridgette smiled, getting out of her car with Geoff. "It's nice to see you again."

"Nice to see you too." Sanders smiled, getting her basketball out of her car. "Let's play."

Bridgette, Valentina, Geoff and Sanders began to get competitive while playing basketball. You tried your best to join in, but you felt awkward. You sighed, then sat down on the bench nearby watching them.

"Y/N? Why aren't you joining us?" Sanders asked, then you looked up.

You tried to force out a smile. "Just tired."

"You weren't tired a few minutes ago." Sanders stated, sitting next to you. "What's wrong?"

You sighed, trying to find your words. "I just felt a little out of place. You wouldn't understand."

Sanders put her hands on yours, giving you a gentle smile. "Try me."

You smiled a little, deciding that your girlfriend deserved to know how you felt. You took a deep breath, trying to relax. "I just feel out of place because your friends are much more outgoing than me. I felt like I wasn't good enough, since we just started dating two months ago. I was afraid you'd get bored of me soon because I don't seem like the type of guy you'd want to be with. I'm sorry."

"Aww, Y/N." Sanders said, bringing you into a hug. "I understand. But don't you worry about it. I like you for you, and I know you have trouble putting yourself out there, but I'd never get bored of you. You're a special kind of guy, who I always want to know more about. That's why I said yes to being with you."

"You really feel that way?"

"Definitely!" Sanders assured you, standing up from the bench. She held out her hand for you to take it. "Do you still want to play with us? It's just that I know you're great at sports, and you have so much potential. You don't have to if you're really uncomfortable, Y/N."

You smiled, deciding to push past your limits. "I'm going to try my best."

Sanders nodded happily, walking with you back to the court. You wanted to try harder this time to show your potential, and have fun instead of worrying about what people think.

"There you guys are!" Valentina huffed, panting from running around. "Come on! Let's show Geoff, Bridgette and Brody what we got!"

You took the ball, and ran as fast as you could, aiming it into the hoop. You scored a point for your team with Sanders and Valentina.  You kept repeating your tactics, which impressed everybody.

"Damn Y/N! For a shy guy, you're very good at sports!" Valentina smiled, fist bumping you.

You laughed, giving her a fist bump. "I just needed to put myself out there."

Sanders watched your interaction, and smiled, shooting the ball into the hoop. She was really happy that you were slowly opening up to show your potential. You just needed more time before you could feel comfortable to do that all the time.

"Game on!" You laughed, taking the ball from Geoff and shooting it in the hoop.

"It's on, dude!" Geoff laughed, running after the ball.

After the game, Sanders walked towards you, kissing your cheek. You smiled, "What was that for?"

"Just to remind you that I feel so lucky to have you." She told you, hugging you tightly.