Sunset kisses - Bridgette x Gn!reader FLUFF

Requested by: RandomThingsOfMine

Setting: Surf camp

-

"Hey Bridge! Watch this." Y/N laughed, doing a zigzag motion on their surfboard on top of a wave.

Bridgette giggled, "Wow, Y/N! We've only been in this camp for two months, and you're practically skilled."

Y/N chuckled, paddling on their surfboard towards Bridgette. "I owe it all to you."

"Really?"

"Yes! I've improved a lot because of you." Y/N told her.

When Y/N first joined Surf Camp, they struggled a lot, but Bridgette helped them whenever there was spare time. Not only did Y/N and Bridgette spend time on the beach practicing, they developed a profound bond with each other along with some feelings. They had a lot in common yet balanced each other well.

Bridgette blushed a little. "It's nothing, really."

Y/N shrugged, getting up to sit on their surfboard, and gave Bridgette a small smile. "I'm glad I joined camp and met you."

Bridgette chuckled, "I'm glad I met you too."

Y/N and Bridgette stayed silent for a moment, before slowly leaning closer to each other. They closed their eyes, about to kiss, until they felt a beach ball fly towards their heads.

"Hey!" Y/N groaned, throwing the ball back at them.

"Sorry (dude/dudette)!" Steven, a fellow surf student, laughed, swimming over to them. "Wanna join us?"

"Sure!" Y/N smiled, getting off their surfboard. Bridgette followed along to play beach volleyball with the other campers. The group spent time laughing and challenging each other until it was almost time for the sun to set.

-

"So, why did you get into surfing?" Y/N asked Bridgette, walking along the beach with her. Their hands were intertwined with hers, as they watched the sunset together. The purple-pink sky looked almost like a painting above the water. 

"I've always felt connected to the ocean." Bridgette explained. "Ever since I was little, when I would have a bad day, I would go to the beach and forget about everything for a little, even if it was just to swim or walk in the sand."

"That's beautiful." Y/N smiled. 

"Yeah." Bridgette chuckled. "But why did you get into surfing?" 

"I thought it looked fun, and I used to watch these shows about surfing on those big waves in Hawaii. I wanted to try it out too."

"Nice." Bridgette giggled. "Maybe one day if you visit Hawaii, you can surf one of their waves."

"Maybe. It would be more fun if we surf together one day though." 

"It would."

Y/N and Bridgette began to converse about their crazy adventures in the water and how it was back home. They began to grow even closer especially because they were alone with each other for the first time since camp started. 

Y/N spotted a white conch shell in the sand, and picked it up. They handed it to Bridgette, "Here. This is so you can remember me by when camp ends." 

Bridgette took the shell, blushing. "Thank you." 

Bridgette noticed some plumeria trees as they were walking, then proceeded to pick one of the flowers. She put the flower on Y/N's hair and smiled. "That's so you can remember me."

The sun was about to set even more, and Y/N and Bridgette noticed there were dolphins jumping in the distance. Y/N smiled at the sight of the dolphins. 

Y/N turned towards Bridgette shyly. "You know what would be really memorable and kind of..Romantic?"

"What?" Bridgette asked, feeling her heart start to flutter. 

"A sunset kiss." Y/N teased, feeling a blush take over their face. "Unless you don't want-"

Bridgette cut Y/N off with a kiss, and there they stood on the sand, having their moment while the sun began to set. 

Y/N pulled away, "Wow."

Bridgette laughed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "That was definitely memorable."

Y/N glanced up at the night sky, taking Bridgette's hand, walking back to camp. "We should head back. However, I would like more sunset kisses more often." Y/N winked. 

Bridgette smiled, "There will definitely be more of that."