The library cafe - Noah x male!reader

Requested by: Kermit_King

AU: College 

"I regret not taking summer courses." Noah sighed, carrying his books. 

Owen nodded, "Yeah, at least it could've taken the load off of us. What are these professors thinking?"

Noah glanced ahead, spotting what looked like a library. "Want to study there?"

"Sure."

Noah and Owen headed down the street towards the library, and Noah looked at the sign, shocked to see that the Library was also a cafe. 

When he and Owen walked inside the cafe, they were intrigued by the shelves of the books that surrounded the place. The smell of coffee filled the air, along with sweet goods. Soft jazz music filled the library. Noah's eyes widened with curiosity and astonishment, then his eyes landed on a young man who was about his age named Y/N L/N. 

You were organizing the books on the shelves, replacing the old ones with new ones. 

"He must work here." Noah thought. He observed you, then felt a funny feeling in his stomach. 

You noticed the two men sitting down, and how Noah in particular was staring at you, so you decided to approach them. 

"Hi." You gave Noah and Owen a warm smile. "I'm Y/N, the owner of this place. Thank you for stopping by."

"I've never seen this place before." Noah told you. "But I like it. It's very unique and welcoming."

"I just opened it last week." You replied. "It's been my dream to open a library cafe, so I attended some classes, and finally got permission to start it."

"That's awesome." Owen grinned. "I can tell the food is great too!"

"Yeah!" You chuckled. "Well, feel free to check out our desserts."

Noah and Owen went to line up to get food, but Noah couldn't help but glance around the room. He knew he was going to come here often. 

When Noah and Owen took their seats, they ate and studied, feeling like home. Noah glanced around, and watched you, noticing how kindhearted you were to other people, especially when you would talk about your passion for a book. He smiled, hearing your laughter. He hadn't felt this way in awhile. 

As months went by, Noah and Owen came back to your cafe often. You soon learned their names and whenever you would see them, you would sometimes sit with them and converse about school and your love of books. 

Noah felt himself start to develop feelings for you. Not only did he find you handsome, he found you caring, sweet, and just passionate about life outside the walls of the library. You were a lively and outgoing person, which drew you to him more. 

"Hey Noah." You greeted him, taking a seat beside him. "Nice to see you here again." 

"Yeah." He blushed a little, avoiding your gaze. 

You glanced at the book he picked out today. You chuckled, "I didn't take you for the romance type. You usually go for Sci-fi or nonfiction."

Noah looked around awkwardly, feeling his smile grow. "I just.. I.. Um.."

"It's okay. There's no need to feel embarrassed." You smiled, teasingly. You put your hand on his shoulder. "It's okay to enjoy different genres, even if we don't read it that often."

Your contact with his shoulder made him feel even more flustered. He gave you a shy smile. "Yeah.. I just thought I should read it."

"You're one of a kind, Noah." You chuckled. "I like it when you show up here."