Bracelets and music - Cody x scene kid!reader

Requested by: devil-worshipper666
Setting: College

For this story, the dorms are co-ed :) 

-

It was your first semester in college and you couldn't help but feel lonely. You were excited to pursue your dreams of becoming a (career choice), but sometimes you missed having that familiar routine back in high school that you were used to. You would often daydream about your old friends and what it would be like to go back to high school. 

Cody was a boy who was your dormmate and he was studying to be a computer technician. You could tell he was homesick too. 

"You have a nice style." Cody said out of nowhere, admiring your scene look. 

You chuckled, "Thank you." 

Cody asks, "So, what made you get into that style?"

You shrugged, a small smile creeping onto your face, "I find it as a way to express myself. I've always been drawn to the artistic subculture behind it and the music that surrounds it."

"Pop and punk music?"

"Exactly!" You exclaimed, excited. "Want to listen to some tunes?"

Cody grinned, feeling glad he had made a new friend. "Of course!"

You and Cody spent the next hour listening to your favorite bands, talking about your favorite pop artists, and realizing that despite your different appearances, you had a lot in common. You both realized that you had a lot to offer one another. It felt nice to bond with someone, knowing that you were going to be here for awhile. 

"Don't you ever miss home?" Cody asked, with a slight look of longing on his face.

You sighed and nodded your head. "Of course I do. I wish I could see more familiar faces. But I'm glad we're friends now."

Cody gave you a warm smile, and wrapped his arm around you. "I understand, Y/N."

After a moment of silence, Cody spoke up, his voice filled with mischief, "I have an idea that might cheer you up?"

"What's that?"

"Let's make bracelets!" Cody exclaimed, taking out a box of beads and strings from his luggage. "I used to make these back in Total Drama with Noah and Owen. It can be real fun."

You chuckled then said, "Alright, let's do it."

You and Cody created a variety of bracelets using different colors and sizes of beads. Your bracelets were all different in design and looked like they were mismatched. However, they all had the same purpose of symbolizing your friendship.

"Yours is so cute." You commented, glancing at Cody's star and heart bead bracelets. 

Cody blushed, giving you a shy smile, "I just love stars and hearts, you know?" 

"I can see that." You nodded, making a colorful bracelet out of your newfound knowledge. "You're so unique, Cody. In a good way."

Cody smiled brightly, "You are too, Y/N.. In a good way."

Despite the loneliness of your first semester in college and the pressure of finding your place in the world, you knew that having a friend like Cody by your side would make it all worth it.