A 2am kitchen romance - Alejandro x stressed reader

Requested by: DancingCatlnForest

AU: College 

The sound of books hit the floor, along with constant shuffling and tapping. Alejandro groaned, sitting up from the bed and frowned, when he saw you on your desk doing school work. He glanced at the clock and sighed, seeing it was two in the morning. 

You and Alejandro lived in a small apartment together, near campus. You both were in college together, and you met in high school, during your freshman year in Music class,. He told you a shitty pick up line, which for some reason worked. Since then, you both became friends, then something more four months later. 

Lately, you've been stressed and distracted. It wasn't that you were failing that caused you to be stressed, it was the subject math in general. Math was your weakest subject and if you didn't get a high grade in the exam, there's a chance your GPA would drop. 

"Mi Amor, it's two in the morning. Come get some sleep." Alejandro told you, rubbing his eyes.

You turned from your school work, shaking your head. "I can't. I have a big math exam on Monday, and I need to make sure I completely get it. I need to pass my general education to focus on my major."

"But you have been studying for the last month." Alejandro pointed out, watching you turn back to your textbook. "You need to give yourself time to relax and rest."

You sighed, then put down your pen to look at him. "I will be fine. I just need to get the exams over with and I'll be okay. Just trust me." 

Alejandro rolled his eyes, then walked up to your desk, grabbing your textbook and closing it. He put it on the top shelf, and you groaned, knowing this was his way of trying to make you relax. 

"I will be in the kitchen making you pancakes. You haven't ate all day." Alejandro said, walking towards the door. 

"Wait." You stopped him, and he looked at you. "Can I come help you? We haven't cooked together in awhile."

Alejandro smiled and nodded. You got up from your desk, following him down to the kitchen. 

Alejandro played romantic music throughout the kitchen as you gathered the ingredients for the pancakes. Alejandro flipped the pancakes on the pan, while you prepared more batches. 

You glanced at Alejandro, noticing how focused he looked on making those pancakes. He turned off the stove, wiping his forehead. You giggled, flinging some leftover batter onto him. Alejandro jumped a little, then smirked, flinging more batter onto you. 

You both got into a little food fight, for the next ten minutes, then cleaned the kitchen together. You sat on the dinner table with him, eating your pancakes. 

"Thank you for the pancakes." You commented, shoving a piece into your mouth. 

Alejandro nodded, then said, "There's something else I'd like to do."

You giggled, and put the fork down. "What happened to getting your beauty sleep?"

"Have you noticed how romantic this song is?" Alejandro asked, ignoring your question. 

We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January..This is our place, we make the rules.

You nodded, "Yes, but what's that got to do with anything?"

"Dance with me." Alejandro said, taking your hand, making you stand up. 

You giggled. "You're such a sap."

"But I'm yours." He whispered, holding you close, then spinning you around. 

Can I go where you go? Can we always be this close forever and ever?

"Forever." You smiled.

At that moment, as you two danced together in the kitchen, while the song Lover blared throughout your apartment, you forgot what you were stressed about. That was one of the things you loved about Alejandro. He knew how to make you feel better and make you realize things would be okay. 

These were the moments that always reminded you why you fell for him in the first place. Despite his cocky nature, he really cared about you, and wasn't afraid to show it. 

Alejandro lifted your head to look at him, and ran his fingers through your hair. He leaned in to kiss you, and you closed your eyes, getting lost in the moment.

You pulled away for air, then smiled at him. "Thank you for making me feel better."

Alejandro smiled, and held you close to him. "Anything for the most beautiful girl in the world."

You smiled, then yawned, feeling your eyes grow heavy. Alejandro noticed. He chuckled, then picked you up bridal style. 

"Let's get you some sleep now, Mi amor." He whispered, as he carried you back to your bedroom.