Detention - Scott x reader

AU: High school

Note: This is a replacement chapter for the original 'Detention - Scott x reader' that I posted at the beginning of this book in 2020. I deleted that story when I came back to Wattpad in May 2023. I just felt that story had a bad message to it when I reread it for the first time. Sorry for the rant, but I hope you like this version better. :)

-

"I told you that filling the balloons with frosting was a bad idea!" You groaned, walking into the principal's office with Scott.

Scott laughed, putting his arm around you. "I didn't know you had it in you, Y/N. Duncan didn't see that coming."

You sighed, "I know, but prom is coming up and we might not be able to go if the principal decides to take that privilege away from us. I was excited for prom because you've never got to experience it, and I wanted us to go together since it's our senior year."

Scott glanced at your worried expression, as he sat down next to you to wait for the principal. He felt guilty. "Look, I'm sorry we got into trouble at the wrong time. If we end up missing prom, I'll make it up to you."

You smiled, feeling a blush creep on your face. "You're way too sweet."

"I try." He chuckled.

The principal arrived in his office, glaring at you and Scott. Scott snickered a little at the chocolate frosting on the Principal's head, but quickly coughed to disguise it. You tried your best to hide your smile too.

"You two really think this is funny?" Principal Hatchet huffed, taking a seat at his desk. "Well, because of your little stunt, you two have detention for a month, and you are not allowed to go to prom!"

You felt your heart drop, and had a solemn expression. You wanted so badly to go to prom to hang out with your friends, but mostly to take your boyfriend, Scott with you. Scott had always missed prom due to never being able to have proper attire, and you were his first girlfriend.

When you helped Scott rent a tuxedo, he was excited to be able to have this experience for the first time. You knew it was both of your faults for pranking your classmates, but you were still disappointed.

Scott noticed you were upset, so he stood up and cleared his throat. "Principal Hachet, it wasn't Y/N's fault. It was fine."

You looked at Scott, slightly shocked.

Principal Hatchet frowned. "But the both of you were spotted."

"Yes, I know, but I convinced her to follow my idea. I should be the one punished, not her." Scott explained.

"No, Scott-" You cut in, but before you could continue Principal Hatchet made his decision.

"Very well. If that's how you say it went down, then Y/N you're off the hook. Scott, you're going to be in detention for a month, you won't be able to go to prom, but Y/N can go. Dismissed."

You and Scott walked out of the room. To say you felt terrible was an understatement.

"Scott, you really didn't have to do that!" You exclaimed, walking with him to your car.

Scott shrugged, giving you a small smile. "I just didn't want you to get into trouble for something I convinced you to do with me."

"But still." You huffed, unlocking your car. "I really wanted us to be able to experience prom together."

"Oh, I'm sure prom isn't all that great, Y/N." Scott laughed, getting into your car with you. "Just a bunch of loud music, sweaty kids, and people who think they're cool just because they're wearing a suit and tie."