Stand by you - Mike x Gn!reader

Requested by: RoLiErCa
Setting: After TDROTI, Mike's elimination
Note: This is third person because of it being gender neutral! :)  Also for this story, Mike never had feelings for Zoey.
-

Mike had been recently eliminated from Total Drama Revenge of the Island. His alters have made it harder from him to participate, and chaos went down where they tried to take control of him and that resulted in him being eliminated.

Mike did make it clear to his alters that he was in charge, but he still felt so unaccomplished and ashamed that his disorder got the best of him. He spent time at the park near his home, where he usually went to clear his head, and sat on the swing, putting his hands on his head. He gazed up at the cloudy sky, with the gloomy weather only making him feel worse.

He continued to sit on the swing, barely swinging on it, getting lost in his thoughts. He was glad he was alone early that morning. He wanted some peace and quiet.

Another young teen his age named Y/N arrived at the park that day, walking their dog. Y/N regularly came to the park every weekend to walk their dog and to also clear their head.

Mike barely noticed Y/N or the fact that it started to rain. Y/N rushed to the tree, trying to get their dog to follow them then they took out their umbrella. Y/N glanced at Mike, noticing that he still hasn't moved, no matter how hard the rain started to get.

"Hey!" Y/N called out. "Are you okay? It's raining, you should come by the tree until it stops. I have an umbrella."

Mike just sighed and ignored Y/N. He wasn't in the mood and he didn't care that it was raining. Nothing could get worse than how he felt at that moment.

Y/N grew concerned then walked straight towards Mike, not caring that more rain started to hit them. They moved their umbrella over Mike's head, causing Mike to look up.

"You alright? You seem like you need someone to talk to."

Mike shrugged, "I'm just exhausted."

"About what?" Y/N asked.

Mike looked hesitant, then Y/N gave him an encouraging smile. Y/N continued, "Who's better to let your feelings out to than a total stranger? I won't judge! Besides, who am I gonna tell?"

Mike chuckled then figured to tell Y/N what happened back at Total Drama. Y/N stood there listening to him without judgment.

"I thought I recognized you from somewhere!" Y/N exclaimed. "You're Mike! I've watched some episodes of Total Drama. That Chris guy is mean! That's why I would never be in reality TV."

Mike chuckled, "He is."

Y/N continued, "But look at it this way; You've made it that far! You may have not won the game, but the fact that you stepped out of your comfort zone and did your best despite your own challenges shows you're capable of so much. Don't be too hard on yourself."

"Thank you." Mike smiled. "That really helps. I don't mean to be rude, but what's your name?"

"Y/N." Y/N smiled. "It's nice to meet you in person, Mike." Y/N looked at their dog who was trying to lick Mike, and Y/N laughed. "Looks like Buddy thinks so too!"

Mike laughed, and started to pet Buddy. "It's nice to meet you too! And your dog!"

Y/N smiled, then noticed the rain slowly start to stop. "Looks like I got to go! Bye, Mike! I hope we meet again soon."

Mike waved, "Bye!"

Mike stayed on the swing, feeling his face heat up. He thought, "What just happened?"