We're here for you 💧 avengers (request)

Start from the beginning

'Wow, just when I thought you couldn't get any prettier...' Steve compliments you and you chuckle as you take his arm.

Not even Steve knows what's going on, he just thinks you want to take things slow, but really it's just the thought of him seeing you like this that makes you distance yourself a little bit.

He suddenly picks you up and you squeal out with a laugh. Wrapping your arm around his neck to make sure you don't fall.

'I swear y/n, you're getting lighter everytime...' he comments and you let out a nervous chuckle.

'Is something wrong?' He frowns as he puts you down on your feet again.

'No!, no, everything's fine haha, just a little nervous that's all...'

'I'll be by your side the whole time...' he smiles.

You walk to the large dining area and you sit down at the table, there's so much food displayed, you get nauseous just by looking at it. Because that's what it is now.

You get sick every time you eat because your body associates eating with throwing up. You manage to swallow down the nerves and to just eat.

You eat and eat, you laugh with the team and even some of the politicians are quite friendly and funny. For a short moment everything is great, you're happy.

But then your conscience steps in and ruins it for you as you remember just how much you ate tonight, how that's going to affect your weight, you'll turn into your old self again, your old, chubby, self.

Nobody will ever look at you, nobody will like you if that happens, it may not be like this in reality, but your mind is one powerful thing.

'If you'll excuse me, I have to use the restroom..' you announce politely.

'Everything okay?' Steve whispers and you nod.

'Yeah yeah, it's just Uh...the nerves coming out I guess, I'll be right back...' you kiss his cheek.

Steve looks at Nat and they share a knowing and concerned look.

You rush to the bathroom, you hastily get in and close the door behind you, you rush to the toilet and you immediately stick a finger down your throat to throw everything out.

You're so busy heaving that's you don't hear the door open and close behind you. Moments later you feel a hand on your shoulder and you flinch.

Natasha rubs a hand over your back before handing you a clean towel to wipe your mouth.

'Y/n...what's going on?'

You take the towel from her and clean yourself before standing up and moving to the sinks. Looking at yourself and then glancing at Nat's worried look in the mirror.

'I ate something bad I think...'  you reply, dodging her eye contact.

'Don't give me that shit y/n, you know you can't lie to me...you know that...'

'Them What am I supposed to say Nat?!, oh I am fat so I eat and then throw it out so I lose some of it?' You snap and she gasps.

'Please tell me you're kidding...' She clasps a hand over your mouth. 'Y/n...why would you do that?'

'Easy for you to ask, you're literal perfection and I'm...me...'

'Y/n....compared with me...I'm nothing...'

You huff turning to face her, 'you don't know what they say in the media Nat...you clearly haven't seen what they comment about me...'

'It shouldn't matter because they will talk bad about us anyway...'

'I...I can't stop...' you admit and she is quick to wrap her arms around you.

'Why didn't you tell me?, why didn't you tell anyone of the team?'

'I was...I was afraid everyone would get mad at me...' sobs escape your lips making Nat hold onto you tighter.

'We would never get mad at you...' Steve comments and it's now that you notice the rest of the team standing in the hallway.

'We can help you y/n...if you let us...' Bruce gives you a small smile and you return it.

'I...I would like that...god I don't even know where to start...' you let out a breathy chuckle, wiping your tears.

'We will figure it out...and just know that you can trust us...you can trust me...I love you...y/n...' Steve takes your hands in his after Nat steps away from you to give him space.

He wraps an arm around your waist and lifts your chin just as he's about to out his lips on yours, Tony interrupts as always.

'Okay calm it cheeseball, we're still at a formal event...so no sticking tongues down anyone's throat...'

'Tony how insensitive!'

'Like I said...were here for you y/n...' Nat says and you chuckle.