The Hunger Games AU -> revolution (pt.7)

Song: Imagine Dragons - birds

It all went downhill from there. You shot that arrow at the centre. The whole arena started falling apart while you were blasted away.

Everyone saw that. Everyone saw how you got blasted a couple feet away and then the screen turned black. Even your daughter, Coraline, saw.

She was indeed playing with the granddaughter of President Snow. She really saw no harm and how could she?

But then, that moment of her mother destroying the game made her think about where she was. The stories you used to tell her. The countless nights she had heard you cry and call out for her father.

You always blamed one man for it: Snow.

And now it started to become clear to her that she was in the same house as the man that was to blame for your pain.

On the other side James was watching his girl getting blasted into the air before he was left in darkness himself.

Everyone thinks he is dead, including the love of his life and his own daughter. But watching Hela say that his own daughter is in the Capitol and in danger made him rise out of the shadows.

He lived in district 13, in hiding of course, mainly for two reasons. He didn't want to be used to get to you, he didn't want you worrying that something could happen to him because he basically cheated on the games. And the second reason was that he needed you to take the first step of revolution. This had all been a plan from the beginning.

You were the one to ignite the spark in everyone, but you needed a reason, of course James getting picked wasn't part of the plan, but it came in quite handy. And of course he has quite the shit to make up for when he sees you again.

But for now all on his mind is getting Coraline and bringing her to district 13 where you will be arriving shortly anyway.

'Sergeant Barnes...we have a couple men ready to join you on the stealth mission in the capitol...' Boggs walks up to him followed by a couple other people.

'These are T'Challa, Okoye, Gamora, Hope and Peter....' he introduces them.

'Not gonna go with me then Boggs?' Bucky asks.

'I have to make sure Y/n arrives safely...I hope you'll make it back in time for her to wake up...'

'She's okay right?'

'Yes, she's been sedated...she started attacking Heavensbee and Haymitch...she was just confused...has some minor injuries but other than that she's perfectly fine...'

'Good...' he simply nods.

'I hate to interrupt but the jet is waiting for us, it's almost night in the Capitol....we need to leave now...' Hope says.

'The party starts in a few minutes, we go in and distract the people while you grab your daughter, you get back to the jet and we will meet you back there...'

'Sounds like a plan to me...' Bucky replies fixing his tie.

They mix well into the crowd. The time both you and Bucky used to live in district 2 made him well aware of the fashion and the way of behaving being presented in the capitol.

With the way Bucky's hair changed, the stubble added to his face, he would be unrecognisable to the capitol, even if they were so close they would be so caught up in eating, drinking, throwing up and then continuing all over again to notice him.

And then he sees her, his little girl, all dressed up. Dressed in a pretty white big dress with flowers all over them.

She doesn't seem to be enjoying herself of course. She has that same look as her mother, one where you can clearly see the disgust and disliking.

The fiddling with the hands, the looking around, the log face, it all reminds him of you again.

So he subtilely makes his way over to Coraline, he waits for the crew to distract the other people by dancing and gets behind her.

He then wraps one arm around her waist and clasps a hand over her mouth to keep her silent. The only thing he didn't count on was her biting his fingers, casing him to let go.

'Shhh, shhh!, you've got to be quiet!, I'm here to take you to thirteen okay?'

'I will scream...' she replies sassily and he chuckles.

'Please don't...god you're just like your mother...' he mutters.

'You know my mom?'

'Better than you think sweetheart...I'm..your....dad...' he says as he pulls her with him.

He lifts her up and she wraps herself around him as they hurry to the jet. He sets her down and buckled her up.

'We made it...' he says into the com and a while later the others step in.

'But...but mommy said you are gone...'

'I know, but they somehow got me to district 13, I'll explain everything once we get back Okay?' He says and she nods.

'Mommy has good eyes...' she comments when they're flying for a while.

'How so?' Bucky asks.

'You're handsome...' she giggles and he chuckles at her giggle.

'Thank you...' he smiles.

'Mommy called out for you...you know?, every night she would wake up screaming or crying and she'd call out for you...why weren't you there?' She asks.

'Because...because mommy needed a push, to do the right thing...'

'That's a bit extreme...'

'Yeah well...you won't understand right now...but I will tell you everything when you're older...'

'Is she okay?'

'Yes, she has some wounds but they will heal...if I'm correct...she should be waking up when we get back...'