I've always loved you pt. 2 💧 Steve.

Song: Adele - I set fire to the rain

You can't believe he used you like that, you can't believe you fell for it too.

You haven't spoken to Steve ever since New Year's Eve, it's been three days of avoiding him completely.

But today was the one day you just couldn't avoid him. You were hungry and he just happened to be eating his own breakfast.

'Y/n...please I want to apologise to you..' he begs but you still ignore him completely. 

'Y/n, I'm begging you... please...' he waits for you to answer him.

But all you do is glance at him before returning to your newspaper laying next to the bowl of cereal you just made.

He sighs before begging you again and again to hear him out.

'Oh look, they opened a new bar downtown, I've gotta go there sometime...' you comment and he rolls his eyes.

He harshly grabs the newspaper and rips it out of your hands, well at least a portion of it, because the a piece of the bottom of the paper is still right in between your fingers while the other part is slowly floating down to the floor on the other side of the room.

You look at Steve who is panting out of pure anger and frustration.

'I was reading that..'

'Oh it talks!' He breathes as he slams his hands down on the table.

'It?!, it?!, oh right it...I'm sorry I forgot that is what I am to you, a fucking object...' you comment.

'I've been trying to talk to you for three days but you keep ignoring me and avoiding me...'

'Well there's a reason for that, have you figured out what it is already or do you want me to spell out what's wrong for you?'

'I know what you're mad about okay and I'm sorry!, I AM FUCKING SORRY!'

You cross your arms as you lean back into your seat. You purse your lips as you're looking at your nails, acting like he isn't doing shit to you, which he really isn't.

'Are you done?' You ask nonchalant.

'What happened to you y/n?, why are you so cold all of the sudden?' He asks frowning at you.

'You happened to me!' You shoot out of your seat.

'I already said I'm sorry a thousand times!'

'That is not enough Steve!, "I'm sorry" doesn't fix everything like that!' You snap your fingers.

'Then tell me what to do!, tell me what you want me to do and I will do it!, but please just stop ignoring me...'

'Well why don't you figure that one out on your own, since you just happen to know everything so well...' you start walking away.

'Well I know that you're jealous... of Sharon...' he comments and you stop in your tracks.

'Ho-Oh...I'm not jealous Steve...I'm just hurt... but it clearly takes more than two big fights for you to notice that maybe this is not gonna be okay, that maybe I'm so done that I don't want to make up...I want to be left alone from now on...so go waste another girls time because I don't have the patience to deal with you...'

'So that's it?, no way to make things go to the way they were before all of this?, you're giving up?'

'I guess so...' you turn back around.

'Funny.... I never thought of you as a quitter..' he comments and you let out a pained chuckle.

'And I thought you would be different from all the other guys but I guess we are both wrong...' and with that you leave the room.

You can hear the cups breaking in the kitchen, you can hear Steve cursing and letting out his frustration on everything around him.

You thought you'd feel guilty for saying those things to him, you thought you would feel sorry and you would run right back in but you have to admit that you feel free.

It's like a weight has been lifted off of your shoulders and you're finally able to breathe.

Maybe someday in the future you can become friends again, but for now you just want to forget about this, you're definitely not the same anymore, but maybe that's not such a bad thing.