Feelings 💧 Bucky (request)

Song: Lauv - feelings.

Imagine; Bucky confesses his feelings and even though they're mutual, you don't want to start a relationship because you speak from experience when you say it always ends in heartbreak.

'Y/n...we need to talk..'

'Okay... sounds serious...' you try to be light about the whole situation but it's hard given that you already know what he wants to talk about.

'I have a confession to make and... I'm just gonna do it..' he takes your hands in his.

You squeeze your eyes and wait for the words to come out of his mouth. 'I'm in love with you...I.. I thought I wasn't but I am.. very much... and someone told me you feel the same...'

The tone in which he says it is so hopeful, you're gonna crush him, you're gonna crush his heart just so yours won't get hurt again and it makes you feel like absolute shit.

'Buck...' you swiftly remove yourself from his grip, the hurt is clear in his eyes the moment you do.

'I can't... we can't... I'm sorry Bucky...' you apologise.

His face hardens and he nods. He tried not to show how hurt he is, he actually believed he had a chance with the girl that he felt most comfortable with. The one girl he was brave enough to talk to. The only gal he ever had eyes for.

Sure there have been women in the past but they could never compare to you. The feelings he had back then are no match for the feelings he has for you, and now you tell him that you can't.

'It's.. it's fine... I'm sorry just...just forget I said it...' he wants to walk away from you, escape to his room and bawl his eyes out, and god does he feel stupid.

'Buck Wait, let me explain please..' you pull his wrist.

He stops in his tracks, but doesn't turn around yet, he's afraid that if he looks you in the eye, he will show you how he truly feels.

'It's not you okay?, just know that this isn't because I don't like you... because trust me I do.. very much... more than I've ever loved anyone else...'

'Then why?, why are you shutting me down?'

'Because I know how these type of relationships end Buck.. and this friendship is too valuable to me to break off once things end badly between us...'

'If...'

'When... Buck I've had my fair share of those experiences, I would have a friend and would fall in love and... they all ended in heartbreak...'

'Then let me convince you otherwise... please..' he finally turns and takes your hands in his again.

'Stop.. please just stop because you're not making it easier...'

'It's not supposed to be easy y/n... please... let me change your mind... I've never felt this way about anyone else in my life, whatever you choose right now I respect that, you know that, but I cannot let you go without a fight...'

'Buck I feel the same but... there's no guarantee that this will end any different...'

'There wasn't a guarantee for my recovery either but here I am... free of Hydra, sometimes life is about taking risks...'

'You sound like Steve...' you chuckle while you wipe some tears away.

'Please...' he begs.

You have no idea what made you do it but you do it, you lean in and capture his lips with yours, the kiss is full of emotions, passion, want, love, guilt. You name it and it's in there.

His arms wrap around your waist as he pulls you closer while your arms wrap themselves around his neck.

You took the risk, you took the risk of having your friendship crushed, you took the risk of losing him and you're going to have to wait and see how long it takes. How long it takes for you two to fall apart.

'I love you...' Bucky rests his forehead against yours, his eyes still closed, his breathing heavy.

Those words used to mean nothing to you, they were always spoken by those who ended up stabbing you in the back. But somehow those words sound different with him. It's not just something to fill up the silence with or another plain lie. With him it sounds like a confession and a promise.

'I love you too...' you reply just as heavily breathing as him.

'I promise you y/n, no matter what happens.. this friendship will not end...'

'Thank you...' you smile finally opening your eyes and seeing a tear slide down his cheek.

'Look at us... both weeping like little babies...the two deadliest assassins bawling their eyes out..' you chuckle.

'Oh yeah that stays between us, for all they know I just confessed and we went straight to the kissing part... and then we definitely did not cry...'

You chuckle as you pull him into another kiss.

'And love only knows broken ends, yeah
That's what you said, but, girl, let me change your mind'