The Hunger Games -> revolution (pt.13)

Song: Imagine Dragons - friction.

It's silent, the whole flight it's dead silent.

You're just fiddling with your necklace, your head leaning back against the wall. You're eyes are closed so you can try and relax.

You subconsciously shake your hand, obviously you're scared. Who wouldn't be scared if they're about to join the last hunger games through the Capitol?

You flinch when you feel a hand slide over yours and you quickly open your eyes.

'Easy..just me...' Natasha says and you frown at her.

'Where do you come from?, I thought you sat next to Steve?' You ask.

'Yeah, but I think you need me a lot more than Steve does right now...you know....it's okay to let it out sometimes, I haven't seen you cry and to be honest, it's okay if you do, you don't have to stay strong all the time...' she wraps an arm around you.

'I just wish we could have one fucking normal day without Snow tormenting is for no damn reason..'

'I do too...you know I was so mad at you, in the games...but you also showed me how to be brave, especially when it's hard, you saved my ass, with Hela, and I'm thankful for that...and even though Steve might seem like someone who doesn't like you...he does, he's just thankful you saved me but doesn't really know how to show it...'

'I was never really angry at you, I was just...I don't know I wasn't jealous either but...I saw you two and I recognised me and James in you...I saw something I had in the past.'

'I know how it feels, just remember that I know how you feel okay?, we're in the same boat...'

'Yeah I know...thank you Nat...can I call you Nat?'

'Sure...' she smiles.

'We're here...' Boggs says and the jet starts to slowly change altitude.

Everyone gets up and gets ready to walk outside, once the door opens everyone on the jet makes their way out. Even you.

You look around and you squeeze your eyes at the upcoming sun in the distance.

'Okay so the sun is rising, and that means that it will be easier to find ya, also the city is full of traps...I have a device that picks up their signal but still, it stays incredibly dangerous so make sure you stay with me at all times...and try to keep a low profile..we don't need the Capitol to find us before we find them...' Boggs explains as you load the gun and strap some knifes to your suit.

'I can see you thinking...what's on your mind?' Natasha asks as she stands next to you, loading her own stuff up.

'They're doing this to torture us...the Capitol is one giant coffin magnet...it looks familiar doesn't it?' You say mocking.

'Welcome to the Hunger Games...' Natasha replies painful.

It's been quiet for most of the trips, you have been able to avoid getting hit by anything that Snow has placed in the Capitol. But you have a feeling that isn't gonna last long. And you were right.

'Hello Y/n, I just wanted to let you know that I see you walking around...you and your friends...' President Snow's voice echoes through the empty streets.

'Ignore him y/n...he's trying to slow us down...' Boggs pulls your mind away from the voice.

'Oh don't ignore me, I might have some news that excites you...maybe even more than you realise...'

You shake your head slightly, as if you're trying to shake off his image and voice.

'Y/n...' he coos and you can't help but look at the screen next to you.

It's one of the screens he placed for the habitants of the Capitol in case of something threatening, the Capitol people are the people worth saving according to him.

'Whatever he's trying to do don't listen to him...'

You see the face of a man you considered dead, Bucky, you see him and you see the bruises blossoming over his face.

You stand there, determination washing over your face. Your brows are furrowed as you look into the camera placed conveniently besides the screen.

'Y/n don't look at it, he's playing with you...' Boggs tries to pull you away but you stop him.

'You better hurry...I'm not a man that likes to wait for long...'

'Well that shouldn't be a problem...' you reply and you can hear his menacing laugh.

'There are a lot of threats coming out of you, but I never see any actions following... at least I am a man of my word...'

You don't know what to do or say, you're still trying to comprehend what just happened to you. You saw your husband still alive, but he won't be for much longer.

'Y/n?' Boggs asks after a couple minutes of just standing there and staring at the sickly smiling man on the screen.

You then finally react, but not in the way anyone expected. You rush to the screen and you kick through it until the glass is shattered and the wires aren't connecting anymore.

'Y/n...are you okay?' Cressida asks pointing the camera at you.

'No...not at all...and I will make him burn...' you reply before leading the way again.

A while ago you would've broken down in tears, but now the anger is the one thing leading you towards the Capitol.

'Everyone back up against the wall, it's another trap...' Boggs signals and everyone follows the command.

You take the gun out of your thigh holster and you cock it while everyone is backing up against the wall.

'Ready?' You ask Boggs and he nods. 'Hit it..'

You fire the gun and immediately the trap gets set off, what you didn't expect were guns shooting randomly, you try your best to duck away behind the wall, but that doesn't mean you dodged the bullets.

Immediately after you crash to the ground, you feel the stinging pain in your upper leg and you let out a cry before clutching it, squeezing your eyes tightly.

The guns run out of ammunition and the shooting comes to a halt, the sound dying off in the distance. The only thing that now breaks the silence is you shouting out from the pain.

'Y/n!' Cressida yells as she rushes to your aid.

'Boggs help me lift her..' she orders and you get pulled on one feet.

'I need to keep going...' you pant, your voice hoarse from the screaming.

'I need t...' you can't even finish your sentence before sinking to the ground again.

'I'll carry her...Steve take the device and lead the way...'

Boggs pulls you up and places his hands underneath you, swiftly holding you up.

'Let's head to that building...seems like a good place to hide...' Boggs suggests.