Setting sail pt.3 💧 avengers (pirate AU)

Song: Five Finger Death Punch - remember everything (listen to it if you want, it's really good)

Your clothes:

The last day on the ship, the last few hours of freedom

The last few days have been the best of your life, well as far as that goes.

James isn't such an asshole as you thought, he's been through just as much as you and you hate to admit it but you're actually slowly falling for him.

'Coin for your thoughts?' James asks as he stands beside you.

'The last hours on the ship, until I am either being executed or locked up for life...' you sigh.

'You're really brave for doing that for your friend..'

'Well She's been There for most of my life, she's like a sister to me...'

'If you want..we can make a plan to escape...I hate to see anything happen to you...not when I just started to like you...'

'It's sweet, it really is...but...i don't think running is going to help right now...' you smile at him and he nods.

'I need to be honest with you...' he says and drops a dramatic silence.

'Well I have no idea what's stopping you now considering that at the beginning you laid everything out for me...' you chuckle.

'I'm still sorry for that..' he laughs.

'So what do you need to be honest about?'

'Whenever I'd be back in the city, I would look forward to seeing you in the pub, but then I...my defence mechanism makes me a dick to people I care about and...I honestly don't know how to handle anything but the ship...I'm not good in making friends or..more...'

'What are you saying?' You ask smirking with a raised eyebrow as you lean against the railing.

'I guess what I'm saying is that I...' he stops and you roll your eyes as you grab his jacket and pull him against you.

You expect him to flinch but he doesn't, he takes this as an invite and leans down until his lips are pressing against yours.

One hand travels to your cheek while the other arm wraps around your waist as the kiss deepens.

You eventually both need a break to catch your breaths and you smile at him as he slowly lets go off you and moves over to the helm.

'I'm definitely turning this ship around...' he says as he rushes up the steps.

You rush after him and stop him from changing course by grabbing one of the bars and pushing it down to stop James from moving it.

'You can't...Natalia will die...I can't let that happen...'