Hunger games AU -> revolution pt. 2

Song: Geno Lenardo ft. Ash Costello - push me

'miss y/l/n...'

'President Snow...what an honour...' you walk into your own hotel room.

'Let's skip over the lying...'

'That would save some time indeed..' you agree.

'I know what you want to do and I am simply here to warn you...'

'I have no idea what you're talking about...' you reply crossing your arms.

'We just agreed we wouldn't lie...Miss y/n...I would strongly advice to not engage...'

'Afraid I might actually win?' You grin.

'Tell me do you really want to start a war with me young lady?' Snow sits down in his chair and you glare at him.

'That young lady I used to be died 6 years ago, together with the father of my child...the child I have to tell about how I jammed a knife into his chest in order to survive...'

'That was your choice to make, I didn't make that choice...'

'But you still keep the games after everything that has happened....the odds are never in our favour...ever...'

'I don't make the rules Miss y/l/n...' he replies folding his hands.

'What if it was your granddaughter in there?, you would stop everything immediately...you would stop the games...if you don't want a war...then don't give me a reason to start one and end those games now!'

'It's the recruits from district 12 that bother you, aren't they bothering you?'

You stay silent, you purse your lips as you're looking at your feet. You're not bothered by them, you're jealous, in them you see you and James. What you used to have and he knows.

'They are...' he grins amused.

'You want to kill me?, go ahead, what do you think will happen when you execute the most beloved victor of the century?'

'Complete chaos of course...that's why I won't execute you...not with a simple gun to the head or, hanging you from a tree...'

'Please enlighten me with what you would do to me..'

'If you truly believe that starting a war is wise...you will find out...'

'I proudly present to you!, the victor of the 69th hunger games!'

You step forward as your arm gets raised. People start clapping and cheering for some time.

Then you drop your arm and you see the crowd slowly starting to turn on you, so you take a step back.

'You could've stopped it!'

'You killed my baby!'

People start to yell and scream at you, raising their fists and getting angry.

'No!, no!, I'm sorry I...'  you take a couple more steps back and trip over something, making you stumble back and hit your head on the ground.

The peacekeepers can't contain the crowd as they start to make their way over to you. The crowd completely engulfs you as they try to rip you apart.