Setting sail pt.2 💧 avengers (pirate AU)

Song: BØRNS - clouds

It's dark now, the sun set a long time ago but you're still sitting on the side of the deck, your head high up, the wind brushing through your hair.

Your eyes are closed, you try to enjoy the time you have left as a free bird. As a pirate.

Because once you set foot on the land, you will be taking Natalia's place, if you don't take her place she will end up being beheaded, you promised to take her place.

You take a deep breath and you open your eyes, looking at the calm ocean being lit by the moonlight. You always love being at sea, it's your second home.

'I want to apologise...'

Aaaaand the night is ruined.

Your once peaceful expression morphed into an annoyed one the second you heard his voice.

James sits down next to you but you just keep facing forward.

'I'm sorry, you saved my life and for that you deserve my eternal gratitude...and you're right...I don't know anything about you...other than the part I saw at the pub every night...'

You turn your head and lay it down on your hands, waiting for him to continue.

'I'm a dick and I know that..'

'Well that's finally something I can agree on...they made you apologise didn't they?' You ask.

'They sure reminded me that I was a complete ass towards you and that it wasn't acceptable...but I'm willing to listen because I know that whatever the story is behind this trip, I know it's bothering you..'

'You won't have to deal with me ever again after I leave you know, I will be dead in a few days so why bother trying to make things right?'

'What do you mean you will be dead in a few days?'

'I'm taking Natalia's place...we both stole something together from the royal family...it belonged to us...but she got caught and...well...I don't want her to die because of something I planned..so I'm taking her place...'

'Then why take a ship?, the carriage would've taken longer...'

'But I would be locked in a box all day, I'd rather enjoy my last few days on a ship, at sea, where I belong...'

'I could've figured that one out...you're like your father I assume...that's why you were always so interested in our stories wasn't it?' He asks.

'What are you talking about?' You ask turning your body to him.

'At the pub...I...everytime I looked over you were listening to their stories...' he nods his head to the crew listening.

'Like you said, women do not belong on a ship, so...I guess listening was better than not having anything to do with sea at all...'

'I was wrong, you definitely belong on a ship...you saved every single ass here on your own while defeating sirens, the most annoying beings on the planet!'

You chuckle as you put a strand of hair behind your ear.

'So you're not mad that your ship is completely destroyed on the outside?' 

'No I'm still mad...but not at you...and it can be fixed with a little paint...'

'Well, apology accepted then...and I'm sorry...I didn't mean everything I said...'

'But you were right...'

You chuckle again while keeping your eyes on his. Suddenly something like a tentacle wraps itself around the ship and in between you two.

You both quickly stand up and you look around.

'Kraken!' Steve yells.

( I have no flipping idea how you write it but I hope you understand)

'Someone really doesn't want you to reach the shore...'

'You think?' You reply to James before rushing to get your sword.

You take it out of the cover and you throw the cover away. Luckily for all of you the sun slowly starts coming up again.

'Fucking hell...' you breathe as you see the hideous monster wrapping itself around the ship.

'You've got to be fucking kidding me...' James says standing beside you.

'You think that toothpick is gonna do anything to it?' He comments and you roll your eyes.

'What happened to the soft and caring Captain James I saw just now?' You reply sassy.

'Y/n!, look!' Anthony yells as he points up.

A beam with a sharp end just so happens to be hanging right above the monsters head. You throw your sword to Hames and he catches it mid air.

'What are you going to do?' James asks as you rush to the post that the beam is attached to.

'Just keep whatever the hell that is, in it's place right there!' You reply climbing your way up, the knife strapped to your boot is now in your mouth so you don't have to reach down for it later.

You climb further and further and you try your best to focus on the top instead of the long distance to the ground. You can feel the wind getting stronger the higher you climb.

You finally reach the beam attached to the post and you take the knife from your mouth and you start slicing at the rope.

'Y/n!, watch out!' James yells and you look down to see one of the tentacles come up to get you.

You start jamming the knife into the rope until it finally breaks, sending the pointy end right in its head. It starts squirming and you run to the other end of the beam you're standing on and you jump to the rope hanging loose.

'Good job y/-' James yells before you collide with him, letting go of the rope and knocking him over.

You fall on top of him with a thud and you both close your eyes because of the impact, but when you open them, you're locking eyes.

'Sorry...' you smile apologetically.

'Say that to my broken back...' he groans, but his smirk gives away he's not too bothered by you laying on top of him.

'You know this is the second time you saved our lives...'

'If you start yelling at me again I will hit you...'

'No I won't yell at you this time...' you move so you're straddling him and he sits up.

'Kiss already!' Anthony yells and just then the monster makes one last bubbly sound and a wave of slime washes over you two.

'I think I'm gonna throw up...' you start gagging.

'Not if I beat you to it...' James replies.