The Hunger Games -> revolution (pt.12)

Song: Man on fire soundtrack - La Niña.

'Are you sure you want to do this?, she already lost one parent-'

'And if I stay low and don't do anything about this, she will lose everyone else too...I can't let her grow up with the same amount of fear I used to have, with the possibility of her being reaped..no child deserves that...' you reply glancing at a sleeping Coraline.

'Y/n...' Effie sighs.

'Effie...' you sigh in return.

'I can't talk you out of this can I?'

'No...not likely...' you cross your arms and lean against the wall.

'Well at least you're honest...' she sighs as she goes over to her purse to get something.

'What's that?' You ask pointing to the folder she's holding.

'It's Cinna's...he gave it to me to...give it to you when it was time...he made some designed for armour...he had a hunch that you would go against Snow...he also knew that...he would be killed...sooner or later...'

You take the folder out of Effie's hands very carefully. You slowly open it and see the gorgeous design of the armour he drew.

'I have it made already...you could wear it if you want...'

You kiss Coraline's head and she steers in her sleep. Her eyes slowly open and you mentally curse yourself for not being careful enough.

'Mommy?' She asks as she sits up.

'Yes baby?' You ask and she flips on the light.

You've officially been caught red handed trying to sneak away to overthrow the capitols power, while leaving Coraline all alone in district 13 like an orphan.

'Mommy why are you dressed like that?' She asks swinging her legs over the edge of the bed.

You lay your hands down on the sides of her legs and you sigh.

'I'm...' you try your best to think of an answer that might justify this, but there isn't one.

'You're gonna go to the Capitol aren't you?' She asks, the hurt in her voice evident. You as a mother know that tone all too well.

'Yes...' you reply defeated, letting your head hang low.

'You're gonna fight them right?' She asks and you give her a sly nod.

'Good..' this surprises you, making your head shoot up.

'What?' You breathe.

'They need to be punished mommy....they've been bad...'

Never have you ever thought about this sentence coming out of a nine year-olds mouth. Never.

'Can you keep an eye on Haymitch and Effie for me?'

She silently nods and you smile at her while rubbing your thumb over her cheek. You lean forward and plant a kiss on her forehead.

'Can you do one thing mommy?' She asks and you nod.

'Can you please take Emily back?, she hasn't done anything wrong and I really miss playing with her...'

'I'll see what I can do baby...I promise...' you hold up your pinky and she wraps hers around it just like you always do.

'I love you mommy...'

'I love you too baby...'

'I love you more...'

'That's impossible Cora...' you say making her chuckle.

'Y/n, are you ready to go?' Steve asks and you turn your head to the doorway.

'I have to go now...'

'Don't forget about Emily...'

'I won't baby...now be good and listen to Effie okay?, don't let her know I send you to keep an eye on her okay?' You get up and kiss her head before walking out of the door.

'Who's Emily?'

'Snows granddaughter...' you reply as you two walk to the awaiting jet.

'What did she ask you to do?'

'She asked me to bring her back unharmed...'

'You know that's not how this works right?' Steve asks.

'If my daughter requests her one and only friend to be brought back to her by me then I will do that...no questions asked...she didn't do anything, she's innocent...so she's worth saving...'

Steve nods as he climbs into the jet and takes his place next to Natasha while you take your seat next to Cressida.

'I want to tell you all something before we head out....if you find Snows daughter when we reach the house, you don't engage, you leave her alone, you protect her...I want her back unharmed, she has done nothing wrong...' you explain and everyone nods.

'Sounds fair...' Natasha nods.

'And what if she doesn't want to come with you?'

'Then I at least know I've tried to keep my promise...'