The Hunger Games -> revolution (pt.8)

song: Sabrina Carpenter - Paris

'Where am I?' You ask Haymitch as you walk around with him.

'This is district 13...' He smiles proudly as he looks around the place.

It's full of people dressed in dark grey working clothes, people dressed in Soldier like outfits and...Effie.

'Y/n!, Oh thank god!' She rushes over to you, heels clicking, before wrapping her arms around your body.

'My girl is still intact...' she comments and you chuckle when she cups your cheeks.

'How many times do I have to prove to you that I can handle myself Effie?' You reply.

'Oh you silly girl...I know that...oh come here!' She wraps her arms around you again and you roll your eyes at Haymitch making him chuckle.

'I don't mean to interrupt the ladies, but y/n I think someone else is really excited to see you, maybe even two people...' Haymitch pulls Effie off of you much to her disliking.

You frown and tilt your head to the side before slowly turning around.

'Mommy! Mommy!' Coraline yells as she runs to you as fast as she can.

You have just enough time to drop to your knees to catch her in your arms. You can feel her arms around you and you can't help but cry.

'Mommy...' she whispers and you run your hand over her hair, holding her head as your grip tightens around her.

'You're safe baby...' you reply kissing her head over and over again.

'I was so scared...I saw you and then the screen turned black...and-' you unwrap your arms from her and you cup her cheeks.

'Hey Cora...look at me...I'm okay...I'm fine....we're okay now...did Snow hurt you?' You ask and she shakes her head.

'We're safe now okay?, he can't find us here...' you say stern and she nods.

'Daddy saved me from him...' she smiles as she turns around and points at the long dark haired man standing down the hall.

He's leaning against the wall, watching you interact with Coraline. A small smile plastered on his face. He changed, that's for sure.

He has long hair now and stubble, something he used to be so against. He looks more mature but then so do you. A lot can change in 6 years.

You slowly rise up so you're standing upright, your eyebrows knitted into a frown.

Bucky pushes himself off of the wall and starts walking down the hall.

Effie pulls Coraline back with a smile and you take one step forward, and another. And then you take another step. Until you're running and almost crashing into Bucky.

You jump up and he immediately wraps his arms around you. It feels like coming home.

Everything feels like the good old days, his large arms wrapping around you, his body just close to yours. His scent is a smell you've forgotten but the second you wrapped your arms around him it all came back to you.

'You're alive...' you breathe.

He doesn't reply, instead his grip only tightens and you know exactly what he means by that.

'You saved our baby...'

'I did...'

'You're alive...'

'I am...'

You lean back and look at him. He wipes a few tears away and you do the same with him.

'Kiss her daddy!' Coraline squeals excited.

'You heard her...' you chuckle before he crashes his mouth to yours.

Home is not always a place...