Don't trust your eyes 💧 Natasha (request)

Song: Audiomachine - I will find you.

Imagine; you're the one who jumps off the cliff breaking Natasha's heart, but you've got a few tricks up your sleeve.

'We both know it should be me jumping...' Natasha speaks up and you turn your head.

'No we don't...look...I don't want to jump and neither should you...'

'I took many lives, you on the other hand never pulled the trigger on someone in your life, you're more valuable...'

'You're insane...I'm not letting you jump Natasha..'

'I'm trying to save your life you idiot...'

'And I'm saving yours..' you cup her cheek as you get closer to her, you kiss her with everything you've got.

Before you push her away you whisper something that she can't yet understand.

'Don't trust your eyes'

You run to the edge and you jump, expecting to fall, but instead you slam against the side. Natasha has attached a line to you and is now planning to jump herself.

You catch her wrist and you look down at her.

'Let me do this...'

'No...Natasha I can't let you...' you reply as you pull her up.

'Damnit!' She yells.

'It's going to be okay....trust me...please trust me...' you reply.

You have a plan, but she needs to be alive to witness it. You're going to fool the red skull. You're going to create the illusion that you're falling. But instead you'll be alive and well.Natasha's reaction needs to be genuine, so telling her about this isn't an option.

You use your power to throw her up onto the edge and you cut through the line with your knife, sending you into the fall.

You can hear Natasha scream, her screams slowly turning into sobs as she looks over the edge and sees your illusion laying there. Her eyes are open as blood pools around her.

'I'm sorry Nat...I'm so sorry...'

When Natasha returns she is dishevelled, she's a mess and everyone realises why.

They all help her up and decide it's best to just leave the machine and never talk about this again.

They know how Natasha gets in situations like this, were she lost someone important to her, she will shit herself off and she doesn't want to be reminded.

But what they don't know is that you came back. You stepped foot on the glass of that machine again and you were on your way to the group.

'Did we know if she had any family?' Tony asks.

'Yeah...you..' you reply and all heads go your way.

'You're alive!' Tony yells relieved and you chuckle.

'Yeah duh...I wasn't planning on dying...not until Tuesday...' you joke. 'Where's Natasha?'

'Right there...she hasn't talked yet..'

'Yeah I uh...did her real dirty...' you confess.

'What do you mean?'

'I used my powers to create an illusion in which I jumped and fell...without telling her...it needed to look real...'

'Then we won't hold you back...'

'Thank you...' you smile softly as you make your way over to Natasha staring over the lake.

'Please come back to me...' you can hear her whisper.

'I'm right here Nat...' you whisper as you sink down to your knees behind her.

'You're not real...you're not real...' you mutters when you wrap your arms around her.

'I am real Nat...I promise you I'm real...baby come on...look at me...' you whisper in her ear and she finally turns her head.

'Y-you're...y-you're...alive...'

'I'm right here...' you move away so she can stand up.

She stands up and rushes into your arms. Hugging you tightly. You can feel her cry. You can feel her relief.

'How?' She asks.

'Illusion..that's why I said to not trust your eyes...'

'I'm going to beat your ass for this..' she says happily, years in her eyes.

'Give me a kiss first..' you chuckle and she does.

The team is still watching but are all shocked when you two kiss each other.

'They weren't doing that before this right?'

'No...'

'Does that mean...'

'Yup..'

'Son of a bitch she confessed her feelings...'