The Hunger Games -> revolution (pt.16)

Song: Hunger games Soundtrack - team.

'Y/n wait!, I can explain!' James walks after you through the now calm and empty streets of the Capitol.

You just ignore him, you're full of rage, you're not even sad it's more anger that fills you now. You trusted those people and they go behind your back, ruining your life and bringing trauma with it.

You can't even get some decent sleep at night before all of this, you doubt this will make it better. You're absolutely sure it won't.

'Doll!' James yells but you again ignore him, you just keep on walking.

Even when he grabs your wrist you try to keep walking but he's stronger than you comprehended.

'Let go off me Barnes...fucking let go of me...'

'We didn't mean to start this...to cause so much pain...'

'Pain?!, no James!, what you people caused was Trauma!, PTSD!'

'I'm sorry...'

'Oh now that makes it all A fucking Okay!, James I had to go through everything alone because you weren't there and I was fine with that because I finally had you back!, and now I find out that you had planned this all along?!'

'Y/n don't push me away please...'  you can see his eyes starting to redden, he's on the verge of crying but you don't care.

'I had to go through labour alone, I had to parent alone, I had to go through those sleepless nights by myself!, and then those games, both of them, I'm sorry if I don't want you to even be near me at this point!, so let me go!' You rip your arm loose.

As you stumble back you feel a sharp pain in the leg you were shot in, you groan in pain as you almost topple over from the intensity of it.

Just when you think you've had the worst of it, your side starts to hurt, black spots fill your vision before everything turns dark.

'Mommy?' you hear Caroline as you feel a hand trying to shake you awake.

You open your eyes and you need a minute to adjust before you see your little girl sitting by your side, gently shaking you awake.

'Cora?' Your throat is raw, you must've been laying here a long time. 'Cora...' you breathe before sitting up with a soft smile.

'Mommy you're awake!' She chuckles before closing her little arms around you.

'I've missed you so much baby...' you close your eyes, taking her in as you hug her as much as your IV's will allow it.

'Thank you for bringing Emily back...I finally have someone to play with...'

'How is Emily?' You ask as she leans back again.

'She's good, they left her alone as far as she tells me...she now sleeps in my room!, I always wanted a sister and now I have one...'

'That's...' your voice dies off when you see James sitting next to your bed. 'Great...' you finish while keeping your gaze locked on him.

'I'm glad you're okay...' she smiles and you turn your head to her again.

'I'm glad to be back here too...'

'Honey why don't you go play with Emily so I can talk to mommy?' James suggests and she nods, giving you a kiss on the cheek before hopping off of the bed.

She goes over to James and gives him one too before she skips out of the room.

'How dare you...' you hiss at him.

'How dare I What?, how dare I sit here and take care of my wife who collapsed a few days ago?' James defends himself.

'Does she know?' You ask crossing your arms, referring to the plan.

'She does actually, she got mad about it too but she's still too young to fully understand...look I know you probably hate me right now-'

'Probably?, I was thinking definitely... and I probably will forever...'

'Look y/n I never wanted you to participate in the games, Snow took one moment out of thousands where I tried to convince them not to do it... he is trying to destroy everything we've build the past few years...can't you see that he's still punishing you?'

'You're only trying to defend yourself now...to save your own skin...'

'No I'm not, I know that what I did was wrong, and I shouldn't have agreed to it, but he forgot to tell you one thing..'

'Really?, well enlighten me, what did he forget to tell me that is gonna make this so much better...' you reply rolling your eyes.

'The morning I was supposed to put your name in the bowl...I stood there and I thought about what it would cause, so I didn't do it...I didn't put your name in the bowl...I went to Coin and Haymitch...I told them I wasn't going to do it, they got mad...well Coin did... Haymitch suddenly backed out with me...'

'And why should I believe you?'

'You don't have any reason to believe me y/n...I know you don't...but it's true...Coin is the only one who went through with the plan...' he takes your hand in his, you're so overtaken by so many emotions at once that you don't even register the movement.

You blink a few tears away, sending them over your cheeks as you're staring at him.

He reaches up your face and wipes them away and just sits down next to your body.

'I tried everything to stop it, but somehow Coin knew I wouldn't do it and she had it done anyway, I got so mad at her...I even tried to run away with you...'

'Wait a second, that night you asked me to pack everything..'

'I said it was for a vacation but I was lying...'

His face is inches from yours and without even thinking about it you tilt your head up and his lips meet yours as your hand slides to the nape of his neck to pull him in closer.

'Y/n...' he whispers, his forehead stuck to yours at this point.

'Buck...' you use his nickname again.

'I don't expect you to forgive me...I'm not asking that from you..'

'But it is what you're getting...don't get me wrong I'm still mad at you for lying...but clearly you're not the biggest fish here, neither is Haymitch..it's Coin...and im also doing this for Coraline...'

'She's about to become the leader of all the districts...President Coin...' Haymitch walks in, clearly he overhead everything.

'Seems like we'll have to stop her...'

'Let's say I have come up with something, it will come as a surprise to her and people will see her true nature...oh and...welcome back y/n...'

'Same goes for you...I'm still mad...'

'I know... and you can keep on being mad after this is done...'