Library 💧 Loki

Song: Lana Del Rey - stargirl interlude

Buckle up this is a long one but this idea has been stuck in my mind for ages.

Imagine; you're betrothed to Loki, you're forced to marry him.

Your dress:

Sweet laughter erupts in the with silence filled library. It's merely a short chuckle but it's enough to light up the entire room.

Anyone would be lucky to hear the sweet sound coming from your throat as you scan over the pages of the lovely novel you're reading.

After coming to Asgard with your parents, you found out you were not there only for keeping the peace between the two kingdoms, but you were there to ensure it, meaning that you would have to marry one of Odins sons. But since Thor is already courting someone else, Loki remained.

You hated him with all your being, you weren't sure why because he is as forced into this as you are. But you just couldn't stand him.

You liked Frigga though, she is very kind to you, she is more reasonable than your own mother. When your parents leave, she will remain the only piece of happiness in your life, at least that is what you thought before discovering one of the largest library's in the galaxy, right next to your very own chamber.

So now you spend as much of your day as you possibly can in there, reading stories about true love, about travel, about things you will never be able to have because of the arrangement.

'I see you found my favourite hiding spot...' the voice sends shivers down your spine.

'I can leave if you want...I'm not supposed to be here anyway...' your face hardens as you look him in the eyes.

'No oh no!, you can stay here I won't tell...I know how your mother and father think about women reading...my lips are sealed if you'd wish to stay here...' he sits down and you scoot away from him.

There's enough room to fit at least five people in between, the long couch by the window now seeming endless to Loki.

'I like your dress...' he comments, trying to start up a conversation.

'Thank you, my mother said it would appease you...' you reply coldly.

All he wants is one chance to talk to you, the real you. He wants to get to know you, who knows maybe a spark will somehow ignite. But you refuse to even look at him.

And then there it is again, the sound that drew him in here in the first place, the chuckle escaping your lips. It's one of the most enticing sounds he has ever heard if not the most enticing.