We both miss him pt.2 💧 Peggy Carter

Song: Kygo ft. Parson James - stole the show.

Your clothes:

'Y/n, you come here often?' Bucky puts his arm around you and you roll your eyes as you let out a exaggerated sigh.

'Bucky when are you gonna stop pretending to flirt with me?' You ask, crossing your arms.

His arm is still around your body, he pulls you closer but you try to push him away. Like you always do.

He hates it when you do that because he genuinely wants to be with you, he tries to flirt with you, but you shut him down. He knew it wasn't gonna be easy to win you over but you asking him when he's gonna stop pretending, he can't say that it didn't hurt his feelings a little bit.

'Y/n wait...I'm not pretending here...'  he rushes after you.

'Yeah right...' you chuckle as you walk out of the bunker you're all sleeping in.

'I'm serious y/n, I'm not pretending...I actually flirt with you..it's genuine too...I really like you... I do...'  he admits and it makes you stop dead in your tracks before you turn around.

'What?' You ask, your voice almost a whisper.

He pulls you aside so that nobody else can see you, full well knowing that if anybody saw Bucky with you, they would start roasting him on the spot. The guys never dared to do that to you but Bucky always got twice as much because of it.

'I've been falling in love with you ever since...well since forever actually...'  he explains and your eyes go wide.

'Why didn't you say something then?, I thought you were just teasing...I hadn't even thought of you actually...actually wanting me...'  you lean against the wall as he puts his hands on both sides of your head.

'Because...because you're my best friends sister and I thought that you would find that...odd...'

'So you were actually flirting with me...'

'I've been for the past ten years but thanks for noticing..' he smiles and you chuckle before sliding your hand up to his cheek.

'Well I can't let that go unanswered now can I?' You smirk and before you even register it, you stepped forward and kissed him already. Your hand moves up to the nape of his neck as the kiss deepens, it's almost like you're glued together.

He pulls back just to say something that makes your heart flutter in your chest. 'I love you...' he puts his forehead against yours as you catch your breath.

It stays quiet for a bit, just so you can catch your breath before telling him 'I love you too..'

Suddenly you hear the Howling commando's honour their name by actually howling at you too. Howling and whistling while Bucky laughs and puts his face in the crook of your neck while you laugh with him.

'At least we stole the show...'

'Y/n...' Dum Dum rips you from your daydream and you look up to see him standing in front of you.

'I'm not gonna be all soft and gentle but, how have you been doing really?'

'I'm fine...why does everybody keep asking me that?!' You snap as you lean against the large rock behind you.

'Because y/n...' Dum Dum sits down next to you. 'They...including I, can see you're not okay...what's going on with my gal?' He asks.

'I just miss him...is that so wrong?' You ask.

'Nobody said it was wrong...because it isn't...we all miss him and I know it has to be unbearable for you...maybe you should talk about it...'

'You a shrink now ?' You let out a pained chuckle.

'No, but you have to talk about it y/n...I'm here if you want to...' he suggests and you nod.

You cross your arms as it gets silent between the two of you. You're never one to just throw your feelings out on the street, you know better than doing that in this day and age.

'I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye...that's what bothers me the most, I couldn't tell him that I loved him so so much...'

'He knew that y/n...all that lad could ever talk about was you and how much you loved him and how hopelessly in love he was with you...'

'Do you...' you hesitate to ask him for a moment. 'Do you think it's time to move on?' You ask.

'Do you feel like you can move on?' He counters.

'I don't know, I want to let go but I can't..' you sigh. 'I feel like it's my fault we had such limited time as a couple...'

'Why's that?'

'Because I was always assuming he was playing with me, that he didn't mean the flirting or something like that...I build up that wall because men can't act normal around a female on what's considered their territory...'

'He enjoyed flirting with you..but he also knew that it was time to finally tell you, so he did...he should've stopped messing around and told you straight away how he felt...'

'Guess we were just a bunch of fucking idiots...'

'I'm glad you finally acknowledge that yourself..' he replies grinning.

'Thanks for talking...' you smile.

'Anytime doll face... oh and do me a favour, if you decide its time to move on, give Thompson a chance okay?, he's good people...'

'Hell no...' you grin.

'Well at least I tried...' he chuckles.

'Y/n?' He asks and you hum as you lay your head down on his shoulder. 'He loved you with everything he had, don't forget that...'