The Hunger Games -> revolution (part.10)

Song: BØRNS - sweet dreams

'I'll go in and explore and I'll be back by sunrise okay?' Bucky says and you silently nod.

'Pinky promise remember?' He sticks his finger up again and you lazily wrap yours around it again.

'Where's your smile?, we're finally getting close to actually grabbing him and making him pay...'

You show him a small fake smile and it puts a grin on his face.

'There it is...smiling looks good on you...' he jokes and you playfully push him.

'I love you...' he leans in and gently places his lips on yours.

'I love you too.....in and out remember?, no funny business..no crazy ideas...'

'Promise...' he smiles stepping back, your hand sliding out of his until it drops beside you and he's standing in the aircraft.

He again holds up his pinky finger and you wave at him. You absolutely hate you can't go but you also don't want to leave Coraline for the night. Not when she has those awful nightmares.

So you stand there, arms crossed and sending him off to the Capitol for a quick scout. One you have a very bad feeling about.

'It's not that easy huh?'

'No, watching him go off without me is just as hard as the first time...' you reply to President Coin as she stands next to you.

'They're being well monitored...you don't have to worry...' she states and you nod.

'I know that...trust me I know...and he won't do anything stupid but I just have a bad feeling about this...'

'I do too, always...but I have never had a team that didn't come back from one of those missions...would watching the live feed help?'

You nod and you walk with her.

'I have to say, it's an honour to meet you...my son was a huge fan of you...'

you shoot her an apologetic smile. 'I'm sorry...for your loss...'

'Thank you...' she replies as you two walk into her office, you see Coraline sitting on the small couch and you frown.

'What are you doing up little miss?' You ask and she chuckles.

'I'm watching daddy...look!' She points at one of the screens and you see Bucky sitting in the jet.

'Say hi mommy!, he can hear you!' She says excited.

He chuckles. 'Yes I can Doll...' he replies waving at the both of you.

'You listen to your mom okay?, she's the boss..like always..' he winks and you chuckle.

'Good luck honey...' you speak up.

'I'll be back before you know it...promise remember?' He replies.

'Let's go baby...lets get you to sleep, daddy will still be there when you wake up...' you lead Coraline to the couch and you sit down.

Coraline crawls on your lap and lays down, her body laying against yours. Your arm securely around her as she lays down her head in the crook of your neck.

'I'll be here the entire time...' you kiss her forehead before focusing on the screen again.

You're incredibly scared this will go wrong, if the capitol finds out about Bucky, they will either kill him or torture him until he tells them what they want to know.

But you have to stay calm for Coraline, when she sees you panicking she will start doing it too, and that is the last thing you need right now.

You stare blankly at that screen, you can see Bucky isn't comfortable doing this alone. You can tell he's scared even if he won't say anything to you about it.

'We've completed the scout, going back now...' Bucky says and you open your eyes.

You were too tired to keep them open anymore, so you got some shut eye yourself. But now that they have to cross the border again, you're wide awake.

You softly lift Coraline up and you lay her back down on the couch. She snuggles up with the rabbit she got from Bucky before she was even born.

'Miss Barnes...'

Your stomach drops from hearing his voice again.

'Miss Barnes are you there?, we need to talk...'

'Y-yes I'm here...' you speak into the microphone.

'How lovely to finally talk to you again, but I would much rather see a face with the voice...'

'The choice is yours y/n...' Coin says and you nod.

The screen shows your face and that of President Snow. You know you have to distract him from the outgoing Jet. Anything to protect him and the others on that jet.

'Ah, dear Miss Barnes...I want to congratulate you on the marriage...'

'Thank you...' you reply politely.

'I wanted to talk to you about the uprising rebellion in your name...you do know that you're about to go on a very dangerous road...don't you?'

'It wasn't my intention to make them rebel against you...I want this to end...'

'I do too, so I would advice you to call it off, step away from the rebellion and this could all end...think about the peace...even if the people are suppressed, they're at least free..'

'What you're offering them isn't freedom and they know it...me telling them to stop will maybe keep them quiet for a few weeks...but it won't matter...they will go on with or without me...'

'Tell me Miss Barnes...do you honestly think I don't know there is a jet trying to go over our border as we speak?'

Your stomach drops upon hearing him speak about the jet. You glance at the screen where Bucky and the crew are still safely seated in the same jet.

'Mommy?, what's going on?' Coraline asks taking your hand and leaning against you.

'Would you really risk your child growing up without her father Miss Barnes?' Snow speaks and the connection falters on Bucky's side.

'What's happening in there!, restore the connection!' Coin yells.

'I warned you...'