Church is sacred ground 💧 avengers

Song: Hans Zimmer - to every captive soul. (I can't believe I heard this live omg, you bet I cried listening to this)

Imagine; you're a demon like creature, you have bat like wings and you are locked up in an abandoned church.

'Why are we here again?' You hear someone ask and you quickly take the form of a statue, the stone making it seem like you're just another statue.

You never get people visiting except for children looking for a thrill. You scare them away almost immediately.

You do not like people coming into the place you call home. It's your place and every man that tried to get in here wanted to hurt you. Including your own creator.

It was a cruel thing to do, you were loyal, you were by his side all the time and you did what was necessary. But he wouldn't have any of it, he locked you the church to taunt you, to remind you that you would never be a holy creature like any other angel. But you just did what you had to do.

'We're here because there seems to be some activity coming from here, supernatural activity...'

'And they send the avengers to check it out?, what happens to the Winchesters?' Tony asks a bit offended.

'Tony can you just look around, maybe look for signs that something might be here?'

'What if it hasn't done anything wrong and just wants to be left alone?' Loki asks and you turn your head to look at the man.

'Look at this thing!, whoa this is so ugly look at those wings, and those eyes!' Tony laughs and you want to attack him so badly.

He's basically insulting your looks right in your face. You may have been completely made out of stone when he said that but that doesn't mean he gets to insult you.

'I mean look at this thing, who would want that in a church?, looks like a demon to me...'

'I think it's beautiful...' Loki comments while standing next to Tony.

'Of course you do..' he sighs as he walks away.

'I don't see anything here except that incredibly large statue...maybe there's nothing here?' Natasha comments.

'No it's the statue that's giving all the energy...' Steve says holding the device up in your face.

'I'm sure it's just a spike of energy from something underneath here, like a cable or something...' Loki replies reaching up to touch your face.

You quickly return to your normal state before flying back to the wall behind you in shock. You've never been touched by a human before, they would get close, but they could never reach you. So you flew back to the wall while panting.

'There it is...she's the activity...' Tony points at you.

'What are you doing here?' You ask.

'We could ask you the same thing...'

'I was locked in here I have no place to go....so leave and I will let you leave...' you stand up.

'I feel very threatened by you...' Tony rolls his eyes and you spread your wings.

You fly up in the open space in the middle of the church, your wings are almost too large to fit into the church but then again you don't spend much time flying around.

'Get.out.' You order and most of them rush out, all except one.

You let yourself drop gracefully to the floor, your wings dragging across the dusty old floor.

'Did I stutter?'

'You most certainly didn't, but what I don't get is why you want your possible getaway to go away without you...'

'It's not important...humans don't exactly have good intentions when it comes to creatures like me...all they want is for me to be killed...so please just go away...'

'Good thing I am not human...' he replies and you lift your chin to look at him. 'Tell me...what is keeping you here?'

'The man above, I was his right hand, I was the one he trusted and I was loyal!, I did everything he asked...but then there was his new creation, a special kind of angel and he became scared of me...so he locked me in here, just to torture me....he keeps reminding me that I am not a celestial being like the others...and that I will never be one either...'

'That is very cruel of him, personally I would never lock up such a beautiful creation like you...' he steps closer but you remain in the same place.

'You somehow understand me...how?' You ask confused.

'I myself am a creature nobody wants or likes, I myself was someone who was loyal, but betrayed...locked up..treated very cruel by the people I once loved...'

He slowly reaches for your cheek but you grab his wrist.

'It's okay, I just want to show you...' he explains and somehow you feel safe enough to allow him.

Whatever he is doing, it's showing you everything from his youth, the betrayal of his own father and the pain he hides everyday. It makes a tear go down your cheek.

'What's your name?' He asks.

'Y/n...' you answer him and he takes another step closer.

You've never had anyone this close to you before. But somehow he feels like a safe haven. Someone you can trust.

'I can't help but wonder if you would like to leave this place and come with us...'

'I wish I could...'

'we can try, I have quite the magic skills if I say so myself...' he smiles and he gently takes your hand and guides you out.

The minute you try to escape the church, you feel something holding you back. He's trying to hold you back.

'You must not try to leave this church y/n!' The warning comes from above.

'I'm no longer a holy being, I am no longer your right hand, I do what I want!' You reply and you push against the power holding you back.

'Take my hand y/n...I'll help you...' Loki's voice comes through and you see him already on the other side.

His hand is stretched out while the others just look at you. You slide your hand in his and he starts pulling you out as the force against you only gets stronger.

And before you know it, you stumble down the small steps and kneel on the ground. Your hand still in Loki's.

The force is now gone and you look back at the door, still open and awaiting for your return, but you would never go back again.

You found your saviour, you found the one who got you out, you may have known him for a couple minutes, but he already knows more about you than any other person ever did.

You helps you up and you smile at him.

'So do we get to keep her now?' Tony comments and everyone glances at him.

'If you want...'

'I would love to...'