Hunger games AU -> revolution pt. 3

Song: James Newton Howard - fireworks (catching Fire soundtrack)

'You get out of this alive okay?, I'll be waiting in 13..Right beside your daughter...you're going to destroy that game and return home safely...you understand..'

'Cinna...'

'Understand?'

'Yes but-'

'No buts...you will go in there and kill if you have to...your daughter deserves a mother and her freedom, she will have neither if you die out there...' Cinna wraps his arms around you and pulls you into a tight hug.

'You can do this...you can do this...' he whispers and you squeeze your eyes shut and nod.

He lets go and wipes some tears from your face as he kisses your forehead.

'I made you something...I sewed it in for you..'

Cinna moves the fabric of the jacket and shows you a red star, which, if the jacket closes, is placed on your heart.

'Thank you...' you whisper, remembering the red star used to be tattooed on Bucky's arm.

He got it after you drew one, it was so random and yet he loved having it on him for some reason. You drew it during one of your boring afternoons, he took it straight to an artist and that same evening he proudly presented it to you. You had called him crazy for it, but secretly you felt incredibly special.

'Don't forget what you're fighting for...who you're fighting for...'

'All tributes must go on their marks'

'I have to go...but I will, I will make sure he's shaking in his seat...'

'You do that y/n, I'll be right there watching just like the last time...'

'Okay so no pressure then...' you grin as you stand on the large platform.

'No pressure...' he smiles back.

A large glass tube slides in between you and Cinna and you look back one last time.

But what you see isn't at all what you expected, he gets pushed against the tube until blood is covering it.

'No Cinna, LEAVE HIM ALONE NO!' You bang on the glass with all the strength you have but it won't budge.

'STOP! STOP!' You yell as you start to go up.

'NO!' You scream when you see Cinna laying lifeless on the ground.

Then the hatch above you opens and you get blinded by the light. When you're finally able to see, you look around, seeing your other teammates and the other competitors on their blocks.

You lock eyes with Haymitch and he can see something is wrong. You turn your head back, staring in front of you as you fall to your knees.

'10...9....8...7....6' the voice is distant.

You just saw one of your best and dearest friends get murdered by the capitol guards, all because you're standing up to him.

You can see figures running to the weapons, but you're stuck to the ground.

'Y/n...w......ve....to....g...' you can feel someone grabbing you,

'Y/n Damnit!' Haymitch tries to pull you with him.

Haymitch grabs you by your straps and drags you away from the other contestants. Pulling you with him into the water, pulling you out of the trance at the same time.

You gasp and quickly scramble to your feet, running with the small group, into the jungle as you hear the canons go off in the distance.

'You want to tell me what the hell was going on just now?!, I thought we agreed you'd be the first to run...'

'I know...'

'You could've been killed!' He yells.

'I know!' You snarl back sitting down against a tree, laying your head back against it as you're trying to catch your breath.

'Them What the fuck!'

'They killed Cinna!, when that tube rose they....they slammed him against it....over and over again..' your voice cracks, showing just how much emotion is behind it.

'Shit...he's onto us...' Haymitch wipes the droplets of water and sweat off of his face as he starts pacing around.

'Of course he is Haymitch!, you all keep pressuring me in destroying the game when you know this is what he does!, he's always one step ahead of you!, you should fucking know that!'

'It's not a good time to start fighting okay...' Steve interrupts and you glare at him.

'Unless you want to die I'd keep that mouth shut' you reply standing up.

'Excuse me?' Natasha frowns at you.

'Oh how cute...the lovers protect each other...well consider this a wake up call...everyone in here is out to get you...being lovers won't change that...I'm your only chance of you making it out together...so unless you want to decrease that chance I kindly suggest you shut it...both of you...'

'Y/n...I got you a weapon...' a young boy says.

You take the weapon from his hands and look at it. It's a spear with knifes on both ends, the weapon you used to kill with in the last games.

'Thank you...'

'So what's the plan how in the hell are we going to destroy the game without getting killed?'

'We need to figure out how the game works this year...and while we do that we have to stay alive...'

'Let's get through this day first...find a good hiding spot...set up for the night, because knowing the game makers, it's going to turn dark soon...' Haymitch suggests.

'Yeah lets do that...' you say as you take the lead.

You never know when something might be lurking...