Closer 💧 Bucky (request)

Song: The Chainsmokers - Closer.

Imagine; you left the avengers behind after an accident, four years later you see Bucky again, whom you had a relationship with before you left.

Sweaty bodies grind on each other on the dance floor not far away from you. You'd think you'd eventually grow tired of clubs like this, but no.

Ever since you left the avengers because of the accident, you've been here almost every night for four years, it's sad really, you know that, you just don't care.

You'll do everything to just forget about the accident, it's not easy to get rid of the vivid memory of accidentally hitting a kid who happened to run through the line of fire just as you pulled the trigger. But the alcohol pretty much blurs it for a couple hours.

After drinking you usually just go back to your own place, crashing down on the mattress laying in the corner. But tonight you decided to stay a bit longer.

'Why did you bring us here again?' You hear an all too familiar voice, you'd recognise it out of thousands.

You turn your head to confirm that he's actually here with most of the team. Looking around and almost looking you right in your eyes, but you quickly look away, trying to hide.

He was the hardest to leave behind, not only because you were dating but also because he was right there on the mission, he was on that roof with you when you took the shot. You cried over him when you left, hard, ugly crying.

And even after 4 years it all still hurts, mainly because you haven't actually tried to better your life, to truly let go, maybe you should have, maybe you should get up and leave. Something stops you though, what if this a sign from up above or the universe or whatever?

Next thing you know, the chair next to you gets taken and the person taking it leans his back against the bar, looking at the crowd in front of him.

'4 years...I haven't seen you in 4 years and this is the place I run into you...' he speaks up.

You don't reply, you don't even look at him. Truth is you don't dare to look him into the eyes, you're scared of the way he will look at you because for sure it's going to break you.

'Y/n...look at me... please...' he leans closer to you.

'No...matter of fact just leave me alone Bucky... don't do this...'

'Do what?'

'You know what...' you finally look at him, expecting him to look at you with this broken puppy look, but instead he seems happy, to see you or to be here maybe?

'I'm just trying to have a friendly conversation...'

'Bullshit you scoff... you're already trying to convince me to come back...don't lie to me...'

'Oh like you're lying to yourself saying it's your fault?, saying that you're not a real avenger?' He fires at you and you turn your chair.

'I'm not ready to do this...' you want to walk away but he grabs your arm. 'Not here...'

'Then let's go outside and talk, I actually hate it in here...' he suggests and even though you want to say no to him, you can't, you can't get the word out.