Forgiveness - Scott x reader

Start from the beginning

When you entered your English class, you noticed how there was no chair on your desk. Scott walked in, seeing that as well, and he came up with an idea. 

"Y/N, you can take my chair." He offered, putting his chair under your desk. "I'll get another one from the back."

You smiled, "Thanks." Just as you sat down, you felt the chair break. You winced at the pain and Scott rushed over, helping you up. 

"Y/N, I swear I didn't know that was gonna happen." Scott rambled. "It was an accident-"

"Scott, it's okay." You sighed. "I'll just sit somewhere else." You walked over to the back of the class, sitting far away from Scott. It wasn't that you wanted to avoid him. You were just confused as to why he was being so nice.

Scott sighed, "I always mess things up." 

Finally, it was lunch and you were excited to hang out with your friends Courtney, Gwen, and Bridgette. You headed towards your locket to drop your books. You stopped, once you saw Scott walking next to you. 

"Hey Y/N, do you want me to hold your books for you?"Scott asked, causing you to giggle a bit. 

"No, it's okay."

"I insist!" He grins, taking the books from you. You smile at this gesture, walking with him to your locker. 

"So Y/N, I heard you like to sing." Scott smiled. 

"Yeah, I like to practice on my free time." You replied, opening your locker. 

"What artists do you like?" He asks, putting your books into your locker. 

"I like listening to (favorite artist)." You answered. 

"Nice!" He grins. "I like them too."

You smiled softly, and Scott scratched the back of his head nervously. 

"So Y/N, about last night-"

"Scott! What are you doing?" Courtney chimed in, glaring at him. She grabbed your arm, pulling you away from him. "Let's go, Y/N."

You looked from behind you, seeing Scott with a sullen expression. You mouthed "I'm sorry." and he smiled sadly in response.

"Y/N, Scott isn't a good person. You need to stay away from him." Courtney told you.

Gwen nodded, and added, "Whatever he's trying to do, it isn't good. Y/N, you have to be careful."

You glared at your friends, trying not to snap at them. "I understand why you guys are worried, but Scott is a nice guy. He's not all that bad."

Bridgette shook her head and said, "He threw a water balloon at you last night, Y/N!" 

"I know he did, but he didn't mean it. He was probably having a bad day." You told her. 

The three girls looked at each other, then Gwen spoke up, "We're just worried about you, Y/N. We don't want you getting hurt."

Just as you were about to reply, Scott showed up with two drinks in his hands. "Hey Y/N. I brought you some soda." 

"Thank you." You smiled. He set the drink on the table, with his hands shaking, nervously and knocked it down, spilling it on you. 

"See what you did, Scott!" Courtney yelled.

"It's okay." You said. "I'm just gonna go clean up."

You gathered your things, and left. 

"Since when are you such a nice guy?" You overheard Duncan say outside of the restroom door. 

"I'm not. I'm just playing her." You heard Scott tell him. 

Feeling your heart drop, you decided to keep quiet and eavesdrop on who they're talking about. You leaned closer to the door to hear them. 

"Why did you prank her at the talent show, last night though? There has to be a reason. I mean, you got Dawn and B eliminated from total drama because you thought they were threats. Y/N doesn't seem like a threat." Duncan commented.

"I just did it, because she has no talent and everyone needed to know that." 

Hearing this, saddened you. You really thought Scott was a good guy deep down from his bad boy act. Having enough of this, you stepped out of the restroom, in front of the two boys, sending them a death glare.

Scott looked at you in horror. "Y/N-"

"Since you think I have no talent, I'll prove to you that I'm really good at acting." You chuckled darkly. Scott looked at Duncan nervously. "Acting like jerks like you never existed in the first place."

You huffed, looking away from Scott as if he wasn't there, and headed back to the cafeteria. 

After school, you walked to the bus, feeling relieved to go home. Today was an eventful day, and you were grateful you never had to experience it again. When you sat on your seat, you looked out the window, with tears streaming down your face. You knew you shouldn't cry over Scott, but deep down, you really liked him. 

You liked how he had a soft side and was able to act like a complete dork, despite his bad boy facade. 

Too bad it was all a lie. 

You felt someone sit next to you, interrupting your thoughts. To your annoyance, it was Scott. 

"I'm sorry." Scott told you. You huffed, trying to keep up the act that he didn't exist. Scott frowned and turned you to look at him. 

"What?" You snapped. 

"I'm sorry for everything. For the talent show incident, and for saying those things I didn't mean to Duncan." 

"Why did you do it? Prank me, I mean." 

Scott sighed, embarrassed that he had to admit he was wrong. "I was arguing  with Cameron backstage and he said I was going to embarrass myself. To get back at him, I aimed the water balloon at him, but it hit you instead. I felt bad and tried making it up to you, but my plans backfired and now you see me as the asshole I really am."

You chuckled, and put your arm around him. "Scott, I don't think you're an asshole. Yes, what you did was uncalled for but.. I understand. It's okay." 

"Why are you so nice to me?" Scott questioned. "You should be pissed that I said and did things to you."

"I am pissed." You laughed. "But I can't stay mad at you forever."

"What do you mean by that?"

You looked down, feeling a blush spread to your cheeks. "I just- I like you. I know you don't feel the same way, but-"

Scott kissed your cheek and pulled you into a hug. "I like you too." 

You both spent the rest of the ride home in silence, as you leaned onto his chest. 

Today had been a rollercoaster of events, but you wouldn't change a thing.