💧"Knives out" 💧

Start from the beginning

'At least I have money of my own after this...you're gonna need to step up your insult level if you wanna wipe this grin off my face Ransom..because if anyone is a suspect it's you...'

'What does she mean with "after this"...did he cut you out of the will?, is that what the fight is about?' Linda asks and you straighten up again.

'Oh yeah, at least he had the guts to do it, that was what the fight was about right?'

You can see him getting angrier by the second and you're absolutely loving it, he is gonna make a mistake, and he will go to jail for it.

After the gentleman announced Marta would get everything Harlan left behind, the family went nuts and you took Marta with you and eventually Ransom tagged along.

You were still very into playing his game, you acted surprised when Marta came clean and you agreed to help her cover up the crime she didn't actually commit, but of course she still believed she did.

Then she got the note saying someone knew something, the morgue burned down with the original evidence, when Blanc saw you, you made your getaway with them actually catching you.

Of course Blanc knew you were innocent, and he knew Marta was because you told him everything, but he too agreed to play this game.

But in order to finish the game, the test would have to come back clean, the death of Harlan could be labelled a suicide and everything would be over.

So as soon as you got home, Marta took out the copy the help hid away, but still she believed she had to tell the family, which is exactly what Ransom was aiming for.

'Marta Stop...' Blanc says before she gets the chance to say anything.

'Do you want a drink y/n?' Ransom asks offering you one.

'Do you think I'm that stupid?' You reply with a small smirk plastered on your face.

'What the hell are you talking about?, I'm trying to be nice to you...'

'Oh so I will help you get out of this one?'

'Out of what exactly?' He asks and you start to laugh as you rise out of your leather chair.

You start to slowly pace back in forth in the room while you tell him you know everything about his whole plan, the attempted murder on Harlan and the murder on the help who snitched on him, Fran. The only thing he doesn't know is that Fran is actually dead, she died in the hospital a couple minutes ago and you got a message from a nurse you just happen to know there. He's gonna go to prison for murder, and you can't wait to see the look on his face when he finds out both you and Marta can play this game better than him.

'You have no prove y/n...' he gets closer and you chuckle at him when you spot the detective and Marta walk in.

'But they have...' he turns around and his face gardens at the sight of them.

'Mister Drysdale...you have put in quite the work...'

'Well...it doesn't matter, he didn't actually die on my account, he commuted suicide... the only thing you got is the morgue, stealing medicine..with a good lawyer I'll be out in no time...'

'That is if Fran lives...' Marta cuts him off and his head slowly goes over to her.

Marta's phone starts to ring and she hurries to pick up.

'O-Okay that's great!, okay I'll be right there...no that's great...okay bye...' she answers and you're already trying to keep the laughter in.

She just lied, meaning that she's about to throw up, supposedly on your nephew, that's gonna be a hell of a sight.

'So what do you say y/n?, you'll help me out right?'

'Oh no I don't think so...see I knew from the start it was you, he was everything to me and you tried to kill him...'

'So you played me like a fiddle?'

'Fiddles are actually quite hard to play, I played you like the cheap kazoo you are...' you smirk and he turns to Marta.

'You've got nothing on me because Fran is alive, I didn't kill her, I tried but it clearly didn't stick...'

Marta's face starts to go pale, you can see she's trying to hold down her vomit but she can't, you take a few steps back before she opens her mouth and Ransom gets covered.

'I lied asshole!, and we got everything on tape...' she says and you start to laugh.

'Y/n you have to help me...'

'Should've thought about that you dick...that's what you deserve...' you say standing next to Marta.

'Take him away boys..' you say looking at the detective.

'Well one more murder won't matter...' you hear Ransom say and before you register it he's trying to stab a knife he got from the big circle into you.

You cross your arms and the knife pops back when he tries to stab you. It's a stage knife meaning it draws back whenever the pointy end hits a surface.

You uncross your arms and you make a fist before planting it into his face. He then gets dragged away clutching his nose.

'Marta are you okay?' You ask as you hug her tightly.

'Yeah I'm okay...' she sighs in relief.

'Don't worry about my family...I have the best team of lawyers...you don't have to give away a thing...'

'Thank you...'

'Let's get you a blanket and something to drink...' you smile and she nods.

After you got her a blanket and a cup of coffee in Harlans favourite mug, you both stand on the balcony looking at Ransom getting shoved into the back of a police car and the rest of the family looking at you too.

'It's gonna be okay Marta, I'll protect you...'

'I know...' she nudges your shoulder.

'You gave Ransom a nice shiner...'

'Well he deserves it..trust me...BYE HUGH!' You wave at him and he shouts you a death glare before his head gets pushed through the door.

'I don't doubt it...' she chuckles.