Setting sail pt.3 💧 avengers (pirate AU)

Start from the beginning

'I'm not letting you go...'

As you predicted, you're immediately being dragged to the palace after setting one foot on land.

James reaches out for you and you break free to hug him one last time.

'I have a plan...' he whispers and you shake your head.

'Don't do it...please?, just turn back around...forget about me..' you reply as you get dragged away again.

His face contorts in sorrow as he watches you leave, the woman he opened up to, the woman he has loved since the first time he saw her, away to be either locked up or killed, and he can't stand it.

'Keep on moving...' the guard orders and you tear your eyes away from James.

'Natalia!' You yell rushing to hug her.

'You're here!..you're...here...' her voice dies of when Natalia realises What this actually means.

'Enough!' The king yells and you take a step back from Natalia.

'Stealing is a terrible crime y/n...you wish to take Natalia's place as we agreed on doing?'

You turn to the king high up in his chair and you nod.

'Yes...I want to take her place...'

You can hear the crowd gasp and start whispering after, you glance in the crowd and you see James and the crew standing there.

'Since Natalia was sentenced to death...you will await this fate in her place...do you understand?'

'I do...' you speak up confidently.

'Very well...y/n, you're being sentenced to death for stealing an artic act that wasn't yours...'

The crowd gasps again and this time they start yelling for the king to stop this, the people hate the king and every head that rolls, they get more angry.

You get pushed to the stone in the middle of the large square, the one you're supposed to lay your neck on.
Then you get pushed on your knees and you close your eyes as you lay down your head.

You open them once more to look at James and the crew and mouth a sad thank you. You can see the crew holding James back from rushing towards you. It's taking them quite some strength.

'Now...' you see James say to Steve and it's like time slows from that moment.

Steve raises his gun in the air and shoots, causing the crowd to start running around the square. The butcher that was supposed to cut off your head runs away also, dropping the large blade.

James runs up the square with the crew following him on his heels.

He wastes no time grabbing your arm and dragging you away, to the ship. Natalia is a close second to being dragged with the crew.

'What are you doing?' You ask.

'I'm saving your life, and Natalia's...you saved mine twice..I owe this to you...and besides...and I love you...so we are running away...' he lifts you in his arms and carries you onto the ship. 

He walks up to the steering wheel and he turns it while the crew cuts down the ties to the large white sheets, the ship starts moving and you look back on the square, seeing the people run around.

'I told you not to do it...' you finally speak up after a while of sailing.

'We saved both you and Natalia...and do I ever listen to you?'

'You don't...that's for sure...now it's my turn to thank you...'

'I do have to say, it's a bit self interest too...you were the first woman that could get me talk openly, to become soft...why would I let that one chance of happiness go?'

'I suppose you don't...' you chuckle. 'Thank you...'

He wraps an arm around your waist and pulls you closer. He kisses your head and you grin at him.

'What?'

'I was just thinking about how this little adventure started...we were insulting each other..'

'Ah...good times..' he replies and you playfully smack his chest.

'You were so mean...' you chuckle.

'Let me make it up to you then...' he whispers before pressing his lips on yours.

Whistles start coming from the rest of the ship and you two break it off immediately to look at the crew.

'Come on guys...' he groans.

'Let them, they're jealous...' you chuckle as you turn his head to you again by pulling his head your way.

'Well they have every reason to be...' he chuckles and he again locks lips with you.

The end!