Part 4 - Let me help you

Harry’s POV

I tired talking to Eirin but she kept spacing out, she just died. She didn’t hear anything, it was like a zombie. I have never seen something like this and when I asked the doctor he said he couldn’t tell me because I wasn’t family. I argued with him and lied to him that I was her boyfriend and he told me everything.

Eirin had a tumour in her head that probably would kill her soon, or any minute. The doctor was surprised she’s even alive right now. But that’s not the reasons for today and her black outs. She had black outs because she had a huge panic attack. I felt even more bad for her now, I had never felt so scared for someone before.

Did she even know? Oh god, oh god. These feelings I can’t explain, here I am acting like her boyfriend but the fact is that I’m falling for her. God am I really falling for her. She’s so unique, special and mystical. There’s so much I want to know about her, find out about her. My eyes began to water because of the thought of losing her. Why was I feeling like this I just met her. After taking a few minutes to breath, I took her home again and she got some medicine to help with the panic attacks.

That night when she cried her eyes out in front of me drunk, I have never felt so hurt and sad by seeing a girl cry that hard before. I just want to cry. But I need to be strong for her, and for myself. She need someone to take care of her, be her friend and I can’t let her down now. She’s all alone, imagine being her. I would have died of loneliness.

‘’Sit here I’ll go get you water’’ I said guiding her to the couch and helping her sit down, I smiled giving her water that I just got and her medicine. ‘’Thank you Styles, you have done more for me than my own parents.’’ A tear fell from her eye and I softly brushed it away making her smile a little, I gave her a loving yet caring smile back.

‘’Listen… I.. The doctor told me everything.’’ I kneeled between her feet sitting down on the floor as she stared down at me. ‘’Wh..at?’’ She whispered out scared, I’m afraid she would have a panic attack again so I laid my hand on her knee and I took one of her hands in mine in an friendly way, not pushing my luck here or anything, just to comfort her. To let her know I’m here.

‘’You.. You have a tumour Eirin.’’ I whispered out trying not to cry. She stared at me then suddenly she started laughing hard letting her head fall on the couch laughing more. I didn’t understand anything so I just sat there a bit shocked waiting for her to explain.

‘’You know it.. I mean you know it and you’re still here and you don’t even know me. You know I have a tumour and you of all people are still here. When are you leaving me, when are I getting fired? Just like my parents they couldn’t handle me, when the doctor told them about all the bills and how much it would cost to make me stay alive they literally left me. I didn’t leave anybody they left me to die. They didn’t have the money so these last 6 years I have been working so hard to earn the money to have the operation and the recovery. I were supposed to die 1 year ago but I guess I’m lucky.’’ She stopped laughing and I think my heart stopped beating. A tear fell from my eyes and she saw it.

‘’That’s why I didn’t want to tell you, people give me too much pity and I don’t need it. My parents told me if I wanted to stay alive I should have done things different and everything’s my fault. I can’t let anybody love me again, my best friend almost killed herself because of me almost dying a couple of times. I have paid my doctors to not write anything down because I couldn’t get this job if I was dying. I know it stupid but I’m… I’m fighting to stay alive and these past few years I have learned that if I died tomorrow or now all the money on my bank account would go to a charity, to give money to people who need them because of hospital bills. I don’t want anybody else have to work there last few days because they need the money to have a couple more days to stay alive.’’ Her words was so inspiring, I had no way to answer her the right way. I just stared at her beauty in front of me, how strong she is and how she went through all this alone.