Enemies (Cheryl x fem reader)

request: Can you do a enemies to lovers w fem!reader x Cheryl

written by Jasmine

Things between you and Cheryl had always been tense.

The two of you were the school's "queen bees" as others said, and neither of you liked having the competition. You had been enemies since elementary school, and that certainly wasn't going to change. Or so you thought.

You sat at your lunch table, not listening to the repetitive drama that your friends discussed around you. Instead, you were thinking about Cheryl. It wasn't the typical insults that usually went through your head when you looked at her, in fact, the feeling wasn't in your head at all. Your stomach twisted, and your heart was racing.

It was something you'd never felt before, and you weren't sure what it was.

"Are you even listening?" Reggie asked, grabbing your shoulder. You pulled yourself from your trance, nodding.

"Of course."

"It's too slow," You announced, watching as the Vixens went through the routine Cheryl had choreographed. You two were captains, and since you couldn't work together, you took turns.

"No, it's not," Cheryl shot back, a forced smile on her lips.

"Where's the thrill, Cheryl?" You asked. "Cause I certainly can't find it."

"Well it's my routine, and you don't have to like it," Cheryl muttered before barking orders at the girls. You scoffed, your heart taking her words more seriously than you usually would. You grabbed your bag, storming out of the gym quickly. You made your way outside, sitting underneath one of the trees.

It was fall, which meant it was already quite cold. Goosebumps raised up on your legs and arms, causing you to shiver.

"Would you come back in?" You heard someone ask. "It's fucking freezing."

Your head snapped up, glaring at Cheryl.

"Would you stop being such a bitch?" You countered, ignoring the ache in your heart. She rolled her eyes, her tongue gliding across her painted lips.

"It's not like you're a saint," She added. You chuckled. 

"Yes, I know that," You hissed. "You don't need to remind me."

"Oh, did I hit a soft spot?" She asked, feigning regret. "I'm so sorry."

"I'm not in the mood for this," You sighed, standing up. She gripped your arm, stopping you from leaving.

"You're always in the mood for this," She acknowledged.

You shook your head. "Never was, never am. I hate it."

You took her moment of hesitation to yank your arm away, stalking off.

You hadn't spoken to Cheryl in days. The two of you didn't exchange a word at school; you didn't even talk at practice. The gym felt empty without the insults that usually flew back and forth, and everyone could feel the elevated tension between you two.

"I think that's all for today," You started. "I'll see you all tomorrow."

You exchanged goodbyes with the girls as they left, and soon enough it was just you and Cheryl. You fidgeted awkwardly, refusing to look at her.

"This is wrong," Cheryl finally spoke up, walking closer to you. "All of this."

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"I don't hate you," She elaborated. "Far from it."

You stayed silent, and suddenly two hands were on your waist. You gazed into her eyes, watching as she shrugged.

"I've always liked you," She whispered, making your lips twitch into a smile. She smiled too, pulling you closer to her. You couldn't take the suspense, so you smashed your lips to hers. Your hands wrapped around her neck as you brought her in tighter. The kiss lasted far longer than you could've hoped, and you were breathless when she pulled back.

She gripped her phone and bag, before waltzing out of the gym.

"I'll see you around, enemy."