Pick me (Cheryl x Veronica x fem reader)

request: Hey can I request a fem! reader where Cheryl and Veronica both have a crush on her and are trying to win her over

written by Jasmine

"You should come over to my house, considering you've never been," Veronica suggested.

You laughed. "Yeah, because you always insist on coming and seeing my cat! I can't anyway; I already agreed to hang out with Cheryl. Sorry, Ronnie."

You watched as Veronica's eyes narrowed before she smiled again.

"You hung out with Cheryl yesterday! Come on, (y/n)," She begged. You shook your head.

"We can do something tomorrow, sound good?" You asked. She shrugged.

"I guess." She turned around, watching as Cheryl approached the two of you. "Speaking of the devil."

You hit her playfully, smiling at Cheryl as she came over.

"Hey (y/n), Veronica," She greeted, giving Veronica an obviously fake smile. Veronica returned it, rolling her eyes once she turned away.

Cheryl returned her attention to you. "Are we still on for tonight?"

"Of course!" You exclaimed. "I would love to talk, but I promised I'd help Archie with his music."

You grabbed your books, standing from the table.

"I'll see you both later." You waved as you walked off towards the music room, and Cheryl took your seat.

"I thought we talked about this," Cheryl said quietly, not wanting anyone to hear the conversation.

Veronica scoffed. "We never agreed on anything."

"What do I have to do for you to back off?" Cheryl hissed. Veronica shrugged.

"Nothing comes to mind."

Cheryl rolled her eyes but removed herself from the bench. She gave one last glare towards Veronica, before stomping off.

You opened your front door, revealing Cheryl. You smiled at the bouquet of flowers she held in her arms, before laughing a bit.

"What are these for?" You asked, taking them from her. Cheryl grinned.

"Just some beautiful flowers for a beautiful girl," She teased, following you into the kitchen.

"That's so sweet." You grabbed a vase for them, filling it with water before placing them inside. You were about to head towards your room when the doorbell rang. You furrowed your brows; you hadn't been expecting anyone. You made your way over, twisting the knob. Your eyes widened when you saw Veronica standing there, a box of chocolates in her hands.

"Oh, hey," You greeted. "What are you doing here?"

Veronica cocked her head to the side, handing you the chocolates.

"I just thought I'd stop by with some of your favourite chocolates. I was also hoping we could do something tonight," She explained.

You glanced at Cheryl, who was glaring at her.

"I told you I had plans with Cheryl," You answered. Veronica groaned, but she had a hint of a smile on her face.

"I forgot! I'm sorry," She started. "I guess I'll just head home then."

She went to turn around, but you stopped her.

"No, it's okay. The three of us can hang out together," You suggested.

"Really?" Veronica asked, a smirk now very present on her face as she batted her eyelashes at you and Cheryl.

"Yeah, of course," You assured her, ushering her inside your home. Veronica's shoulder collided with Cheryl's as she passed her, and Cheryl grudgingly followed her upstairs. You raised an eyebrow but followed the two of them into your bedroom.

"Did I miss something?" You asked as you got inside. "Last I saw you two were friends. What happened?"

The two exchanged a nervous glance, neither one giving you an answer. You placed a hand on your hip, watching as they turned back to you.

"It's nothing," Cheryl assured you.

"It's obviously not nothing," You countered.

Veronica sighed, shaking her head.

"It's seriously nothing. Just stupid things," Veronica muttered. "Let's just forget about it."

You sighed but decided to drop it for now.

For the next month, both girls had been giving you gifts, treating you to dinner or a movie, or just simply inviting you over. It was getting to be too much, and you barely had time to hang out with any of your other friends.

But prom was now in sight, and you were currently helping Betty set up the gymnasium.

"Has Jughead asked you yet?" You asked, sending the girl a wink. She chuckled, handing you another poster.

"Not yet. What about you? Has anyone asked you?" She asked. You smiled.

"I have someone in mind; I'm just not too sure how to ask her," She admitted. Betty grinned.

"Who is it?" She questioned excitedly. You shook your head at her, chuckling.

"It's-" You leaned down towards Betty's ear, whispering the name of the girl you planned to ask to prom. Her face lit up with happiness.

"She'll say yes for sure! You have to ask her!"

Veronica and Cheryl both watched as you talked with Betty, both of them listening in on your conversation. Cheryl groaned when you leaned down to tell Betty, only hoping that you said her name and not Veronica's. Veronica rolled her eyes, before marching over to Cheryl.

"She's going to ask me," Both of them blurted at the same time, causing you to look over at them.

"Let's settle this," Cheryl hissed, before waving you over. You climbed down from the ladder you were stood on, making your way towards both girls.

"What's up?" You asked, raising your eyebrows at them.

"Which one of us are you planning to ask?" Veronica immediately questioned, making your face flush.

"It's me, right?" Cheryl started. "You don't have to feel bad; she'll get over it."

You sighed, shaking your head a bit.

"I was going to ask..."