Homecoming (Veronica x male reader)

Request: Can you do a Veronica x male reader: where the reader doesnt think he has a chance with Veronica because he thinks that she has feelings for Archie but she likes the reader instead

There were rumors that Veronica and Archie had a thing going on after they kissed at Cheryl's party.

Even if it wasn't true, you still didn't believe you would ever have a chance with Veronica.

Archie clearly liked her, half the guys in the school probably did, but Archie was on the varsity football team, he was good-looking and popular, he seemed to have it all, why wouldn't she like him. 

You just couldn't compare.

For months you put your feelings for Veronica on the back-burner as you watched her and Archie constantly act like a couple. 

You'd also have to listen to people to whisper in the halls about how they were 'totally dating' and how 'cute of a couple they were'. 

The night of homecoming came around and you stood in the back of the crowd as the two of them performed their rendition of Kids In America. 

Veronica saw you in the crowd and kept smiling to you throughout the entire song.

After the performance you left the gym to take a breather in the hall.

Veronica noticed you left and went looking for you.

"Y/N-kins, what are you doing out here?" she asked you when she found you in the hall.

"It was too crowded in there, just needed to get some air," you told her, "you and Archie were really good up there." 

"Thanks," she smiled.

In the background you could hear music starting to blare through the speaker system. 

"Y/N, do you want to go back in and dance?"

"Wouldn't you want to dance with Archie," you responded curiously.

"Why would I want to dance with Archie?" she said surprised.

"Well you two are dating aren't you." 

"Where did you hear that?" she asked crossing her arms over her chest and raising an eyebrow.

"From pretty much everyone really. Do you know how many people say you're the 'cutest couple of Riverdale High'". 

"Archie and I are not dating," she said theatrically.  

"You're not?" 

"No Y/N, why would I date Archie when I like you." she told you unexpectedly. 

"Wait, you like me?" you said astounded.

"I did just ask you to dance didn't I," she chuckled. 

You were at a loss for words.

"So is that a yes?"

"Yes, definitely," you smiled.

She grabbed your hand and led you back into the gym.

The rest of the night was spent dancing with the girl you had been crushing on for months who actually liked you back.