Protect you (Jason x sibling reader)

request: could you please write an imagine where the reader is Jason's little *child* sister and it takes place the night before he tries to leave Riverdale and he somehow says goodbye to her and there's lots of fluff? And pleasee could you write something like when she is in the funeral and she breaks down and Archie and Jughead comfort her?? 

summary: The Blossom twin's goal has always been to protect their little sister.

written by Jasmine

a/n - the italics are a flashback!

"Goodnight, (y/n)," Cheryl whispered, adjusting the blanket that was on you. You mumbled an incoherent response, which made Cheryl smile a bit. She didn't want you to know that Jason would be leaving town for awhile tomorrow, Jason didn't want you to know either. That was why he wasn't tucking you in tonight because he feared he wouldn't be able to control his emotions.

Cheryl left the room, sighing as the knob clicked shut. She took a deep breath, wondering if this was truly the right decision. Was it better to ask for your permission or forgiveness? Cheryl just couldn't be sure.

"You okay?" Jason asked, his hands stuffed into his pockets as he leaned against his doorframe. Cheryl nodded, forcing a smile onto her lips.

"Just thinking," She answered, walking over to him. "Do you have any plan on saying goodbye to her?"

Jason shook his head.

"If I see her, I won't be able to leave," He sighed.

"Take her with you," Cheryl suggested. "Polly wouldn't mind."

"Then what would happen to you, Cheryl? You can't suffer their wrath alone." Jason motioned down the hall, towards Penelope and Clifford Blossom's sleeping quarters.

"I would rather it be me to suffer than her, JJ," She whispered.

"Both options are dangerous. Polly and I don't have a stable place to live or anything! At least here, she has a bed and food. I don't know what I'd be able to give her out there," Jason admitted.

"Out where?" A small voice asked from behind the two, causing them to turn around. Your eyes were bright, and Cheryl couldn't stop herself from smiling. You were the only thing that kept the twins fighting, and you gave them hope.

But Cheryl quickly snapped back into the realization of the situation, and she exchanged a glance with Jason.

"Is JJ leaving? Is that why you didn't say goodnight?" You pushed, tears welling up in your eyes. Jason sighed, pulling both you and Cheryl into his bedroom.

"(y/n), I am leaving. But I won't be gone forever," Jason assured you.

"Where are you going?" You questioned, crawling into his lap.

"Just on vacation," Jason answered, and Cheryl raised her eyebrows at him. He shrugged a bit, before turning his attention back to you. He started to tell you a story, and Cheryl tuned out. She focused on her sister's face, watching as it lights up from excitement and interest. Cheryl noticed that Jason was grinning too, and it made all her happiness disappear. Jason had always helped protect you from your parents, but now it was just going to be Cheryl's job, and she wasn't quite sure she could handle it.

She watched as Jason kissed your forehead, brushing the hair from your face. She reached over herself, grabbing your smaller hand in hers.

"We love you, (y/n)," Jason whispered. "We always will, no matter how far apart we are."

You nodded, hugging him tightly as Cheryl released the grip on your hand.

"I love you too, JJ."

"He was supposed to come back!" You cried, slamming your fists into Cheryl's chest. She had tried to calm you down, tell you that you would see him again someday. But you had listened to nothing; you only continued to release all anger into her.

"I know, I know," She whispered, stroking your hair gently. Her own eyes pricked with tears, but she couldn't cry. With Jason now gone for good, she had one job. Protect you.

"You have to promise me, Cheryl," Jason begged, pacing back and forth in his bedroom.

"If I don't promise will you stay?" She asked timidly, tears streaming down her face.

"I, I can't stay!" Jason exclaimed. "Just promise me you'll keep her safe."

Cheryl closed her eyes for a moment, processing everything that Jason had told her in the past hour. The engagement, the plan, and how she was involved.

"Of course I'll keep her safe, Jason," She whispered. "She's our sister."

You sat beside Veronica Lodge at your brother's funeral, continuously glancing around for Cheryl. You continued to stare at the photo of him before you felt a tap on your shoulder. You turned around, seeing Archie Andrews.

He and Jason had never been close; you weren't even sure if they ever talked. But Archie looked exactly like Jason, which made your heart sink.

"I'm sorry for your loss, (y/n)," He offered, giving you a tight lipped smile. You nodded, trying to return it.

"Thanks," You whispered, turn a little farther to see Cheryl walking down the aisle between the sets of chairs, wearing an all white dress. You heard several gasps and whispers, but you couldn't bring yourself to say anything.

"Welcome to Thornhill, thank you all for coming," She started. "I'd like to start the memorial with a few words about Jason."

"You're only going to make things worse," You heard Veronica whisper, but you didn't look to see who it was directed towards.

"The last time I saw Jason, I was wearing this dress. I know it's impossible, but when I put it on, I feel like he's in the room with me," She continued. She started to talk about how he protected her and you, whenever he possibly could.

"I wish that day at the river I had protected him," Cheryl added. "I'm so sorry, JJ!"

Watching Cheryl break down caused you to do the same, sobs taking over your body. You felt two pairs of hands rest on your back, but you couldn't turn around.

"It's okay, (y/n)," Someone mumbled, and you recognized the voice as Jughead. You had never actually spoken to him either, but you allowed him to comfort you. You assumed the other hand on your shoulder was Archie, and you barely heard your mother tell everyone that we could head to dinner.

After everyone had left, Jughead and Archie sat in the two seats on either side of you. You had stopped crying, but you still had your face in your hands.

"Look, we have no idea what you're going through, but we just want you to know that we're here for you," Archie offered. You nodded, finally sitting up.

"Thank you guys," You mumbled, and they smiled a bit.

"Anytime, (y/n). Now, why don't we go get some dinner?" Archie suggested. You nodded, taking his hand and walking from the room.